PDA

View Full Version : 906?

TheOtherZaphod
07-26-2002, 11:29 PM
Doing a routine check of my clients I discovered one which had a pile of undelivered results. My first guess was that his network connection had dropped, but on investigation I discovered that the first set of results to be uploaded were generating a 906 error. Since the error message indicated a problem with the result set, I cleared that one set out and tried again. The second set generated a 908 error. Figuring I was really screwed, I wiped out the second set, and tried the upload a third time. That timme the remaining result sets went up without a hitch. That machine was set for 10000 structures between uploads so I ended up burning 20000 resullts; but on the bright side I saved about 100K. I have the files that were bad set aside. If you are interested in reviewing either set, let me know.

Brian the Fist
07-27-2002, 11:53 AM
I would be interested to see what caused the 906 error if you still have it actually, yes. Please send it to trades@mshri.on.ca.
Generally this should only occur if the checksum/compression was somehow messed up, which would usually be caused by a hardware error. Is it possible your box has bad RAM? Any other errors or strange behaviour lately?