PDA

View Full Version : Long WU's, Low Points

Paratima
10-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the work units are getting longer, as in a LOT longer to process?

Has anyone noticed an increase in points granted to compensate for their increased workload?

Just curious. :Pokes:

LAURENU2
10-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the work units are getting longer, as in a LOT longer to process?

Has anyone noticed an increase in points granted to compensate for their increased workload?

Just curious. :Pokes:
I do not think Eon did points granted
I thought it was based on WU returned

Paratima
10-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Ummmm, OK. So what is the difference as far as us crunchers is concerned?
Are you trying to tell me they've got no mechanism to award more than 1 point per WU? :eek:

alpha
10-22-2007, 05:19 PM
It's always been that way on this project, hasn't it?

Paratima
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Maybe so, maybe so.

Funny, I thought these things were programmable... :rotfl:

jasong
10-24-2007, 03:21 AM
Yeah, it would nice if they could change that, but if they couldn't shoehorn it into what we have now, a ton of people would complain.

alpha
10-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Plenty of other projects worked this way. Even DF, and look how popular that was. That's not to say that I agree with it, though...

This scoring method encourages bursts of production during short WUs which is good, and slumps during long WUs, which is bad. It probably evens out to steady crunching if actual scoring was used.

Paratima
10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
I was just bitchin'. They could change it; they just have no incentive to do so.

As a matter of fact, the processing time seems, currently, to be ramping down.
:corn: