PDA

View Full Version : No dfGUI support/releases for a 2 weeks (getting married)

Digital Parasite
07-31-2002, 10:49 AM
Hi everyone,

As some of you know, I am getting married this Saturday so after today I am on vacation for the next couple of weeks (wedding, honeymoon, etc...). If you have any problems with dfGUI I won't be able to help you out until I get back.

If people have questions about how it works/cofigured, hopefully the experienced dfGUI users here will help them out while I am away.

I may be reading/posting to the message board over the next couple of days before I leave.

Jeff.

KWSN-DD849
07-31-2002, 10:59 AM
Congratulations !!! May you and your new wife be as happy as me and mine! Married 34 years as of 25 March 2002:cheers:

Ni!

IronBits
07-31-2002, 12:02 PM
Some people will do anything to get out of work :p ;)

Congratulations!!! :cheers:

Moira
07-31-2002, 12:39 PM
All the best, Jeff...

I'll be thinking about you. I will be bugging Julia for (digital)photos...

Have a great time!!!

Moira

GOLDENBALLSAINTYORK
07-31-2002, 01:19 PM
Ni!
ATB Jeff!
I'm sure Sir HoC will break out the PGGB's :cheers:
GBSY

bubbadog
07-31-2002, 05:53 PM
:cheers:

Congrats Jeff!

Terminator
07-31-2002, 06:06 PM
Congratulations Jeff, have a great day !!

Fantastic bit of software - keep up the great work when you get back :thumbs:

1fast6
07-31-2002, 08:04 PM
congrats and best wishes to ya DP...

Darkness Productions
08-12-2002, 12:08 PM
Well, I know it hasn't been quite 2 weeks yet, but I have a feature request for dfGUI. If I have dfGUI start the df client, then is there a way to make it poll the task lists occasionally and restart the client if it's not running? I have a win2k box that likes to lose its desktop randomly, and this causes the df client to die. dfGUI started the client, so maybe this could be done?

TIA!

peaz
08-15-2002, 01:58 AM
Well, here's another wishlist,. Coudl you make the GUI to support starting ans stopping the client runnign as a service in w2k?

I run the df client as a service... using the dfGUI, I like the upload feature cos i'm a modem user and can only upload whenever i go online. So the Upload button realy helps as it stops the client and restart it to upload...

however, after it done uploading, I would have to go back to the MMC console to restart the service... so , it would be really sweet if there is a button to restart the client that runs as a service...

BTW, congrats to you man. :thumbs:

Regards

:jester:

pointwood
08-19-2002, 03:15 AM
In regards to running it as a service. Could it be made to be able to configure the service also? (I'm thinking about the service.cfg file)

Or maybe, if it detects that the client is running as a service, the options not available when running as a service, should be disabled/grayed out?

Digital Parasite
08-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Hi everyone, I am back from my honeymoon. Our wedding was great and everything went very well. The honeymoon was awesome and we had an excellent time.

Sheesh, I go away for a couple of weeks to find that people want me to do a lot more work. :crazy: I will look at your requests and see if I have any time to work on them.

Here is a trivia question for everyone. You may have noticed that I have changed my Avatar (picture by my name). Can anyone tell me what this is a picture of and its significance to me?

Jeff.

plaidfishes
08-21-2002, 11:18 AM
Trivia Analysis

Known Facts: It is some guy in some sort of uniform holding a sword over his head. There is a Canadian flag. DP is based out of Ottawa

Conclusions: It must be the Princess Pat battlion showing off their new air defense system. It slices the American bombs into little pieces before they have a chance to blow up. The uniform is looks like a blue version of the "pajama" type outfits the Chinese military wore in the 60's. My guess is that Canada finally bought new uniforms to go along with the dented Submarines from Britain. That would make DP the Minister for Defense Procurement and this is his complimentary picture! That explains why he is able to spend so much time working on the software!

OK, it is like 7:30 AM, coffee hasn't kicked in, best I can do.

Best wishs to you and your bride.

Digital Parasite
08-21-2002, 12:28 PM
plaidfishes: A very good guess but not quite. :thumbs:

The picture which you can see in a slightly larger form here is actually a picture of myself. I practice a martial art called Iaido (http://www.jccckendo.com/) which uses the Japanese Samurai sword.

The reason it is significant is because this is my new sword which was given to me as a wedding present from my brother who is currently living in Japan teaching English. He also does Iaido and had this sword custom made for me.

In Distributed Computing speak, it could also be used as my "shiny chrome beatdown stick" when required. ;)

Jeff.

Darkness Productions
08-21-2002, 01:28 PM
Don't you mean shiny steel slice-em-up stick? :) :) :)

Glen

Originally posted by Digital Parasite
In Distributed Computing speak, it could also be used as my "shiny chrome beatdown stick" when required. ;)

Jeff.