PDA

View Full Version : New client 4.44c now available

IronBits
12-21-2007, 12:57 AM
If you need to upgrade, go get it. :)

Digital Parasite
12-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Is there anything significant in there? Is anyone actually running DPAD any more?

IronBits
12-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Stephen Brooks says

I found it's actually faster by maybe 10% on a Kentsfield, but someone else on the forum is saying it's slower by roughly the same amount. I'm not sure, but it will be the standard client soon for doing stuff with. Though there's also room for improvement in the speed.

Lauren, PCZ, sts950 and IronBits (every time they turn on my brother TeeJay's computer at his last place of employment, it returns work)
Before Tim died, he set it up as a service in the background on his work computer and they haven't figured it out. :D

:rotfl:

Stephen Brooks 2
12-25-2007, 06:39 PM
In terms of science, I've gone back to the primary branch of the design so far - PhaseRotD and DD ended up being variations that were doldrums - and PhaseRotE* pick up where the previous best PhaseRotC left off, currently 6.32% better in muon yield than the best PhaseRotC ever did.

Unfortunately these phase rotation channels aren't very interesting or pretty to look at on the screen, giving the impression nothing much has changed :( Maybe I could fix that somehow.

[Edit] Damn! If I'd known I was going to have dead users, I'd have put the auto-update feature in so they could upgrade their clients.

Oh yeah, & Merry Christmas!