PDA

View Full Version : Muon - Neutrino Project

IronBits
08-13-2002, 10:13 AM
http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1v4.html
How many are there running this project?
I tired, but get a DirectDraw error which prevents me from joining.
The experiment is called the Neutrino Factory, scheduled for construction some time around 2015.

Supp
08-13-2002, 10:36 AM
try muon_background.exe
it's totally hidden client ...no tray icon, automatically sends results (ideal for borgs)

BTW: Graphical client's one of nicest I've ever seen.

If you want to join our team, create user.txt and write (w/o quotes): "UserName[Free-DC.org]"
save&run.

Enjoy.

Bellbox
08-17-2002, 08:47 PM
I've been contributing to this project for a while, currently in the mid 30's for the statistics. I'll change my username over on Monday to reflect the fact that I just joined here. Hope to make a difference!

IronBits
08-17-2002, 09:13 PM
Welcome Bellbox! :cheers:

FoBoT
08-17-2002, 10:15 PM
gack! we need to get on this one

when i get knocked out of #10 on DF, i'll slap some Ghz onto this for a bit, see how it runs

IronBits
08-17-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Supp
try muon_background.exe
it's totally hidden client ...no tray icon, automatically sends results (ideal for borgs)
If you want to join our team, create user.txt and write (w/o quotes): "UserName[Free-DC.org]"
save&run.
Enjoy.
Well that worked. I'll run it for a bit to make sure it's setup properly.
Once I see I'm on the right team and stats are right, I may add some, once the DF threat is over.
Speaking of which... FoBoT... What are you doing? ;) ;)
Get yer butt over here. If you and xj10bt don't shove us off the scale, my boxen are locked here on DF :(

IronBits
08-17-2002, 10:36 PM
How long does it have to run before it returns results?
I just want to make sure my setup is correct for right now.

IronBits
08-18-2002, 12:44 AM
rules showed me this. Check it out!
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/
Wonder if they are the same projects?

Bellbox
08-18-2002, 10:06 AM
Results depend on how 'good' the simulation is; usually takes about 15-30 min. per simulation run.

Stephen (the guy in charge of the project) has said that he doesn't need thousands of computers running the simulation, (so this will never be a priority project); but it is good for a slower computer or two you have laying around, or if you are on a dial-up connection.

FoBoT
08-18-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by IronBits
How long does it have to run before it returns results?
I just want to make sure my setup is correct for right now.

use the "manualsend.exe" to push some results up so you can get on the board

IronBits
08-18-2002, 11:45 AM
Ya, I did that, you will see me listed twice now.
[Free-DC.org]IronBits
IronBits[Free-DC.org]
:bang: I guess I don't know if I'm coming or going ;)
I asked him to combine them :p

wysocki1
08-19-2002, 11:09 AM
I have also asked Stephen to combine my accounts. Hopefully, we can move up a slot to #5!

Bellbox
08-19-2002, 11:20 AM
If you haven't gotten the new seed file yet (Aug 18th version), I highly suggest it. I went from results in the .4-.5 range right up to .9 then to the 1.2-1.3 range. It'll really help get those bonus points.

Stephen Brooks
08-21-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by IronBits
rules showed me this. Check it out!
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/
Wonder if they are the same projects?

That sort of detector will be the receiver for the neutrinos produces further down the accelerator. Actaully they will go through the interior of the Earth for several thousand miles between being emitted from the accelerator and hitting a large detector thing like that one.

[What the :haddock: ?]