PDA

View Full Version : Electron Microscope III v1.9.1 (Update)

TheWeatherMan
08-13-2002, 05:07 PM
What's New Version 1.9.1
Changed default monitoring interval to 5 seconds.
New .dat file released
EM Gromacs Tracking glitch fixed.
HTML stats works with Gromacs data.
Options menu centering routine fixed.

Even though this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem, a couple of people reported that their stats were not being saved sometimes. I have personally never seen this happen unless I happen to have shut down EM while a protein was being finished. Actually, using 15 second intervals is probably 3 times what the default should be. I have set EM so that the default interval is 5 seconds and the fast interval selection is 1 second. EM will no longer force you to use the fastest interval when you select to save your stats. If the 5 second interval works for you, go to the options menu and uncheck the interval box so you will revert to the default which is now 5 seconds. If you don't the monitor interval will be 1 second. You should notice no real difference in the way anything looks or feels. This "fix" is in there for those that have this odd problem.

New .dat file covers the latest new proteins p160_villin-p172_villin ... ouch!

There was a small Gromacs tracking bug that didn't really cause a problem, but when the F@H client tried to auto-send a saved work unit the progress indicator would go to zero. As soon as the current frame was finished EM started tracking normally again. Not a huge deal, but irritating. There was also a small bug in the HTML stats generator that caused it not to work properly with the new Gromacs data. The name of the protein was being saved incorrectly. That is now fixed. You can manually fix this problem by going into your csv stats file and adding DE and a space to the protein name after you install this non-beta version. Everything will work fine from then on.

There was a problem with the options menu sometimes opening at the very bottom of the screen. This only happened when the EM III window was minimized or hidden and the options menu was opened from the system tray icon. Very easy to fix once I knew about it.

Get it here: http://www.em-dc.com

http://www.em-dc.com/images/latestem.jpg