PDA

View Full Version : Cosmology Changes

Paratima
01-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Bok, the lads at Cosmology have been playing again. Don't know if you've been following the hilarity, but it involves URL changes.

I didn't foresee a "simple" task like changing the project URL to be so difficult.
Riiiiiiiight! Anyway, I suspect it will cause some grief with the Cosmos stats. From the bulletin board:

January 24, 2008 Permanent URL
Note that between today and tomorrow, the site URL might change between "www.cosmologyathome.org" and "cosmologyathome.org", although they are more or less equivalent. Tomorrow night, it should stay permanently at the former one. Sorry for any confusion this may cause.

"might change"? :rotfl: As of this posting, they both DNS to the same address, but I can't ping either one.

Bok
01-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Don't know why they can't just use both pointing to the same place.. but it shouldn't matter for the stats anyway as they point to the www address.

:cheers: for the heads up.

Bok

LAURENU2
01-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Update

Short story: I'm cancelling every WU and granting every "in progress", "error", or "successful" result credit.

Long story: the old URL is associated with every WU that was released in the 2.04 era, so I have to clear out *all* of them in order for the new results. People are going to get a gigantic amount of credit when this is all done, and I will be making a bunch of new WUs for crunching and things should *finally* be back to normal.

Bok
01-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Looks like one side effect was that the rss feed was recreated with every event posted again.. As I put Lauren as the post creator for that rss feed it's done his post count no harm :p

:jester:

Paratima
01-25-2008, 01:11 PM
What a deal! He likely arranged it that way. :bonk: