PDA

View Full Version : MilkyWay@home Project News: UPDATE: started new searches and submitted a paper to GEC

LAURENU2
01-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Sorry i've not been able to have as much time in the forums lately -- we had the camera ready version of the HCW paper due monday, and the GECCO paper due today, so i've been quite busy writing and putting all the results you've given us down into the paper. Hopefully the GECCO paper will be accepted and when it is, i'll give you all a link to it to read. The results are quite good - you're crunching as fast as the large partition of the bluegene we have access to (1,024 processors). better yet, unlike the bluegene you're available 24/7 and we don't have to compete with other researchers :D The asynchronous genetic search/simplex hybrid is performing really well, and while not as fast as it's synchronous counterpart it is still quite good. The results also show that by with some fine tuning we'll be able to improve the performance even more. I've started up two new searches (gs_170..174 and gs_180..184) that further the results we have in the GECCO paper. They've refined the search a bit and are using more points in the hybrid simplex operator we've been using. I also hope to start some particle swarm searches up and running again shortly. We've also been in the process of looking at some new undergraduates to work with our project to take care of the server and help with compiling binaries and that type of thing, so hopefully that will also help clean up a bunch of the bugs we've been having. cheers everybody, and thanks for continuing to work with us :D

More... (http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/all_news.php#49)