PDA

View Full Version : improving the balance

jasong
02-06-2008, 11:30 PM
The last time I posted something similar to this, I came across as an idiot. I'm not unhappy with anybody, I'm just stating an opinion. :) I don't think I ever got the answer I was looking for, so I'm going to phrase things a little differently. This time it only has to do with BOINC.

What BOINC project do you believe has the biggest ratio of (deserved power) to (actual power)?

The actual amounts don't need to have limits, if you believe one project deserves to have almost infinite power, and a second project deserves twice as much power as the first one, then it would simply be a matter of deciding whether or not the second project actually has twice as much power.

I'm not asking anyone to actually do research to answer this, it's just that I have a favorite project in BOINC that (1) Isn't able to max out my computer, and (2) Is going to get as much of my computer's power as it wants. I want something to soak up the extra stuff. And there's a good amount of "extra stuff," more than 50% of the available power for sure.

For those who are curious, the favorite project is Artificial Intelligence System. It's attempting to determine if it's feasible to simulate a human brain using BOINC. If it isn't, then I guess they'll chop some parameters off to simplify things. Either way, they'll be around for a while. :)

alpha
02-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Actually, I think your last thread concluded quite nicely (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=113668&postcount=11).

What has changed? Let Rosetta soak up your spare cycles and get a warm feeling inside.

jasong
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Actually, I think your last thread concluded quite nicely (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=113668&postcount=11).

What has changed? Let Rosetta soak up your spare cycles and get a warm feeling inside.
I never actually searched for that thread before I wrote this new one. Thanks for the link.

Rosetta it is, although it'll take a bit to empty the cache. :)