PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still doing CPDN?

Scoofy12
02-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Is anyone here still doing CPDN?
There haven't been any posts here in the last year, so it's maybe a long shot but the WUs are really long, so maybe theres someone.
When I reinstalled windows a couple months ago I found a CPDN installation that I started last year and I'd like to finish it. But I may not want to keep running it on my home desktop, so I thought I might move it to my work machine, a Linux box.

So, does anyone know a ) if/how CPDN WUs can be moved between machines (I assume just moving the project directory) and b ) if there are any issues moving across platforms?

Helix_Von_Smelix
05-09-2008, 02:32 PM
No probelm moving between machines.

& 5million for me:Pokes:

oh well, not many people run it anyway:cry::cry:

edit:- wouldn't swap between linux and windows=impossable

and yes was blowing own trumpet!!

cwhyl
05-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah, it won't work moving from Win to Linux.
Me also had problems moving units between Linux boxen, seems one have to erase some temp files or maybe do a restart in between.

Me downloaded a model again, 'l see how it goes....

cwhyl
07-25-2008, 08:02 AM
blah, my coupled model crashed out after 64 days at 25/10 2069, no sign of problems earlier.
http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/result.php?resultid=7895302

Well, some years ago they said it's up to 2060 that's important and what they call successfull runs :rolleyes:

Helix_Von_Smelix
08-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi, is there anyone in the UK that stops by here that would be happy to be interviewed by jamesF.

"My name is James and I am a geography student at Oxford University. I am currently working on my undergraduate dissertation - in consultation with the Environmental Change Institute (ECI) at Oxford - in which I am studying public attitudes and opinions towards carbon offsetting."

He will most likely carry out the interview by phone, unless you live near Windsor Berkshire. PM me if you want and i will forward your email address to him. You don't have to be a Free-DC member.

:cheers::cheers:

PS. Nice chap