PDA

View Full Version : can't upload due to 'server maintenance'

pfb
08-27-2002, 06:14 PM
since about 19:00 (18:00 GMT) I haven't been able to connect to the server to upload - keep getting the message 'SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE, TRY AGAIN LATER '...

manage to update manually - but now won't upload as I keep getting the 'SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE, TRY AGAIN LATER ' message when it connects...

any way round 'Checking for newer versions... '? have tried with both a 'autoupdate.cfg' file and without - same problem...

:help:

Welnic
08-27-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by pfb
since about 19:00 (18:00 GMT) I haven't been able to connect to the server to upload - keep getting the message 'SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE, TRY AGAIN LATER '...

manage to update manually - but now won't upload as I keep getting the 'SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE, TRY AGAIN LATER ' message when it connects...

any way round 'Checking for newer versions... '? have tried with both a 'autoupdate.cfg' file and without - same problem...

:help:

The way around checking for other versions is to run with the -if switch, this tells it that you do not have a connection to the internet. At some point you will have to change this back but it will get you going while you are having trouble hitting the server. Be sure to also add the -df switch or you will only do 6 sets before it quits.

pfb
08-27-2002, 06:39 PM
cheers - i'll try that...

how many more sets will the -df give me? with the protein I am going through at the following rate:

Structures Per Second: 3.18
Structures Per Minute: 190.6
Structures Per Hour : 11435
Structures Per Day : 274447

Welnic
08-27-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by pfb
cheers - i'll try that...

how many more sets will the -df give me? with the protein I am going through at the following rate:

Structures Per Second: 3.18
Structures Per Minute: 190.6
Structures Per Hour : 11435
Structures Per Day : 274447

There is an upper limit on the number of sets even with the -df switch, I just remember that it was high enough not to ever worry about.

IronBits
08-27-2002, 08:58 PM
66 IIRC ;)

Paratima
08-27-2002, 09:25 PM
Innovative Indian Record Company?

pfb
08-28-2002, 02:49 AM
well, server is still down for maintenance here - if it's 66 then I've got about a day left before it runs out :eek:

edit

the only way i can get it to upload is to close the client, start it with the modem off, when it comes back saying 'Unable to check server status' turn the modem back on, then it uploads (but only 4 sets out of the 19 I had)...

IronBits
08-28-2002, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Paratima
Innovative Indian Record Company?
IIRC, it means, If I Remember Correctly :D

pfb
08-28-2002, 09:11 AM
upload seems to have stopped altogether - even forcing it by closing doesn't work...

keep getting

ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 5652} Error during upload: NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 4731} Error during upload: NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER

in error.log...and it still says the server is down when I start (checking for new version)...

I'll just sit in the corner and :cry:

pfb
08-28-2002, 11:37 AM
the 'server maintanence' message has now stopped - but still won't upload as server isn't responding...now have 80k structure (and counting) to upload...

Paratima
08-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Describe your connection to the internet, please. :cool:

pfb
08-28-2002, 12:52 PM
1Mbit cable modem (Blueyonder - Telewest (UK))...haven't got any problems connecting with any thing else - and was uploading earlier (but kept falling over on the version checking)...now it's happy with the version checking but won't upload...currently sitting on 88k structures...

filelist.txt has 58 entries in it - not sure if that is a problem...

any other info needed? bit annoying that before the new protein it was all fine but ever since 7PM (BST) yesterday it has gone wonky... :(

watching the upload process I get a spike of about 25K go out then nothing, and after 2 seconds or so DFClient says server not responding...

ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 4731} Error during upload: NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER

edit - just restarted a few times and it's uploaded half of the filesets then gets a 'server not responding' message...saw in afaq somewhere that there is built in protection for mass uploads - could this be causing my difficulties uploading? now all 31 filesets have gone...but did get a 'server not responding' on the latest restart during the version check...

oh well, seems ok now...will know for sure in about 25 mins...

Paratima
08-28-2002, 01:11 PM
And last night you said:
having a look at my cable provider's website there is a connection issue outstanding for my areaThe only thing I can think of, is that your ISP's difficulties are so delaying the response from the DF website that the client is timing out. With no one else on the planet reporting this particular problem...

Anyone else got any helpful ideas?

As an interim measure, could you switch to a (shudder) dial-up connection?

Edit: Well, we were posting at the same time! Glad to hear it's up! :thumbs: Keep that modem solution in mind.
Life is just a chair of bowlies.

pfb
08-28-2002, 01:55 PM
the problem was sorted earlier today so don't think that was a problem...

seems to be uploading regularly now - so may have been down to a lot of traffic bouncing around the server(s)...or some other reason...

thanks for the help tho :thumbs:

runestar
08-28-2002, 05:43 PM
It just might have been your ISP having a bad hair day. I haven't noticed any problems uploading (no sets buffered). BTW, its cable, what do you expect? =)

RS½