PDA

View Full Version : Electron Microscope III v1.9.5 (Update)

TheWeatherMan
08-28-2002, 12:22 PM
What's New in Version 1.9.5:
Use Wheel on Mouse if available.
Frame time error now indicated by orange icon.
Run/Clone/Generation information now saved in csv file.
Bar graph in options menu expanded to 25 per view.

For those that have several clients to monitor, instead of clicking buttons to move the proteins you are working on up and down in the view list, you can click the space between the two buttons that move the proteins up and down and spin your mouse wheel to move them up and down. EM will detect if the mouse wheel exists and will enable the selection option in the options menu. If you don't have a mouse wheel present, you won't be able to select that feature. The reason you have to click the space between the buttons is to make sure that the window has "focus" so the wheel message will be sent to that window. Also, you have to keep your mouse over the same bar between the buttons while scrolling. This tells the routine that you may want to scroll using the wheel. I use the wheel all the time, and I hope those that also have a wheel on their mouse like this added feature as much as I do.

In order to distinguish between a network timeout and a frame progress that is taking longer than expected, the computer warning icon will be orange in color instead of red. This should help you figure out what is going wrong more easily.

In order to keep up with the information needed to identify each protein, EM now saves the Run, Clone, and Generation info. When you start EM, it will auto update your csv file with this new field. EM will make a backup copy of the csv file before it updates the information so you will have a backup file if something goes wrong. If you are missing points, this new information along with your user name, is the only way Stanford can accurately find the exact protein you worked on. Currently, the Gromacs work units are only identified as Gromacs. All the current data in the csv file that is updated has this field set to Unknown because there is no way to recover or restore this information. The csv file will only update properly if you are using EM version 1.8.1 or newer. Version 1.8.1 also did an auto update of the csv file info to add a new field. If you upgrade from 1.8.0 or older version of EM, you need to delete the old csv file, or rename it as EM can't update unless the csv file has already been updated before now.

The HTML stats info can now display this new field with the Run, Clone, and Generation information. You will have to put a check in the box to make the HTML field appear when you create the file. This selection will be saved and remembered when you create the HTML file after selecting this option.

I expanded the options menu window enough to show two more bars in the bar graph display of your protein file. You can now see 25 proteins at a time instead of 23.

Get it here: http://www.em-dc.com

http://www.em-dc.com/images/latestem.jpg