PDA

View Full Version : Here to help out..

Alpha_7
08-29-2002, 07:16 AM
Hey Guys,

Some of you I know, others I dont...

I've come to help out, and have a break from Seti, while we crunch this fast protien...

I'm sailing up the lower half of the field, and its only my first day, so I'm pretty happy, hopefully I can make a bit of a difference, only got my 2 machines on it.. but If I get access to any of my borged boxen I'll swap em over too...

Good Luck,
Alpha_7

Paratima
08-29-2002, 07:21 AM
Welcome aboard, m8. Fold away! :p

FoBoT
08-29-2002, 08:17 AM
hi

Chinasaur
08-29-2002, 08:20 AM
Greets Alpha! :)

Welcome aboard :)

:cheers:

Moogie
08-29-2002, 08:34 AM
Welcome! Good to have you! :cheers:

Richard Clyne
08-29-2002, 08:41 AM
Welcome Alpha_7, glad see you aboard :cheers: :moon:

MashRinx
08-29-2002, 03:38 PM
So what will it take to keep you around? :D

Mash

Alpha_7
08-31-2002, 10:07 PM
Hahaha... well If I can keep climbing up the ranks like I am.. thats motivation enough, out of interest how much faster is this protein to others which have gone before ?

Paratima
09-01-2002, 12:21 AM
This protein would have been fast before the program speed-up that Howard supplied us with. With the new program, it's the fastest one yet. :)

That's the subjective answer. For quantitative analysis, you'll have to get with MAD-ness of Ars' TSF, who has been the chief stats-compiler.

Alpha_7
09-01-2002, 12:31 AM
So I picked a good time to join, because I can Zoom past all the people that gave up on slower structs...

WE need more crunchers...

TSF are out producing us.... I've just overclocked my 2nd machine hopefully it can get a little boost, and now I am setting up a 3 system... :D

MAD-ness
09-01-2002, 02:05 AM
Rough guess (I really haven't done much lately, doh) is that with the -rt option this is by far the fastest protein we have had.

I don't remember these types of numbers from anything previous. Without the RAM option, I don't know how it stacks up (though I suppose I could find out, or test it myself).

Regardless, we probably won't ever produce more structures per clock/computer/etc. than we do right now (very small protein and '-rt' optimization).

Crunch on. :)

Alpha_7
09-01-2002, 10:35 AM
I fell into green :( My fiance came in and turned the power off...

Silence falls over the DC community.. thats right.... Sacralidge

can't spell it lol but sounds it out :P

So I am trying to get myself back into yellow at least...
got 3 boxen cruching on it now...

just have to do a little more Ram tweaking and it should be firing away...

Is there any window "resurrect" looping programs for DF ?

On my main box I am getting memory exceptions semi regular and it stops DF.... and its costing the team some well earned structs... I just dont have the time and patience for a reinstall in the middle of exams so it will have to wait... and I am ranting like a mad man...

Alpha_7
09-02-2002, 11:17 AM
Closing in on the top 50..

then I'll be on the page with the big boys :D

Look Out.. narh just kidding,