PDA

View Full Version : DF LockUp with No ShutDown

runestar
08-29-2002, 07:40 PM
Howard,

I've noticed once of twice in the past, and thought it was just a fluke, but it happened to me again today. dfGUI was just sitting there full-screen at 53/53 on the current structure. I couldn't (Q)uit it and killing the lock file also didn't do anything.

I Alt-Enter'ed to bring it back to a window on the desktop and checking The W2K task manager showed it at 0% CPU usage. I tried closing the window and I tried killing the process through task manager, but it refused to shut down... just kept displaying Not Responding. It just sat there dumbly. I tried to get a screenshot but windows didn't register it was there as I found out when I tried to paste the screenshot.

Additonally, just to test it I tried running another copy, but it didn't display anything and I had to kill that process. The only way I could get out of windows was a manual reset using the reset button.

I do know that an excess of 74000 structures had been created in that run.

I didn't think to get anymore information until after I reset so I don't if this is related to a memory leak. Next time I see it happen I will try to get as much information as possible for you.

RuneStar½