PDA

View Full Version : IRC Down?

theseum
01-09-2002, 05:03 PM
What's happened to the IRC? I tried both servers using the web client, with no success. I want to bitch about how the Free-DC fah2 team has stolen 30% of our production...

ColinT
01-09-2002, 05:17 PM
Mr. Seum:

I have been logged into the IRC channel all day...

Try this one with Mirc: irc.mainetech.net

Mr. Pson

IronBits
01-09-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by theseum
What's happened to the IRC? I tried both servers using the web client, with no success. I want to bitch about how the Free-DC fah2 team has stolen 30% of our production...

Ahhh, theseum... I'll check into the links to make sure the java client is working properly. We have two IRC servers you can choose from, using any one of the 3 DNS names below. Just plug it into your favorite IRC client: all port 6667 of course.
irc.free-dc.org
irc.mainetech.net
irc.dbestern.net
Which one appears to not work for you?

As to the bitching... erm, Free-DC didn't 'steal' anything or anyone.

However, I can see your point about 30% of the team you are on that has left and joined Free-DC. :( for you and your team, :D for the Free-DC Team.

While we wish this hadn't happened, I would like to point out that we have no more control over what others do, than you or anyone else has.

We welcome anyone that wants to join and will not refuse requests for asylum from anyone. :)

theseum
01-11-2002, 07:02 PM
actually, the main problem for us is that the founders of free-dcc were all big producers for Ars... alright, I'll admit it: this post is an excuse to sport my new "location."

ColinT
01-11-2002, 07:13 PM
That's a cool sounding location! Never heard of it before. Does it have something to do with the X-Files?

theseum
01-12-2002, 07:39 PM
Reasons not to leave Ars, #3491:
T-R-I-B-U-S!

Berg.the.Red
01-12-2002, 08:21 PM
reason to join Free-DC #2048:

no T-R-I-B-U-S ... ;)