PDA

View Full Version : FoBoT back in the Top Ten!!!!!

Chinasaur
09-11-2002, 07:13 AM
Way to go FoBoT!!!! :|party|:

As of 0407 PST you are showing back in the Top Ten producers of DF!!!! :thumbs:

:cheers: :cheers:

FoBoT
09-11-2002, 09:22 AM
happy dance time! :D

http://www.supersnail.com/images_gif/2__hapdanc_juaxss.gif

IronBits
09-11-2002, 09:36 AM
w00t! :cheers:
Good job FoBoT! :thumbs:
I couldn't help but notice that damn Guzzler is negating both of our outputs combined. :bang:
That damn big bully is kickin our ass :cry:
We need our big brother xj10bt to kick in about a dozen fast boxen to maintain status quo, I think.
Or we need to start taking up a collection for bribe money and see if we can get Guzzler to come over here where he belongs :spray: :)
The rest of our TEAM is just awesome! :smoking: :D :notworthy

FoBoT
09-11-2002, 10:06 AM
they have about 3.5 times as many active members as we do, most all of the other DF teams are about our size ~50 and smaller

i dunno how we can keep the hourde back without our own hourde (meaning ->we need more "average joe" type members, a couple of big guys can't hold back a mob, thanks to all of our little guys for being on the team ;) )

also BTW, i passed the 200,000,000 mark :D

IronBits
09-11-2002, 10:24 AM
:swear: Dammit! :bang:
First Partima, and now you! ;)
/me mumbles something about statsman being SLOW today.

More members, that's the ticket, get out there and recruit and borg :)

MAD-ness
09-12-2002, 06:35 PM
I believe that a "hoard" of members running 1 or 2 boxen consistently is a vital. With the protein changes, the bandwidth requirements, etc. DF can be a PITFA for big guns at times. The more spread out the production is, the more easily a team's production seems to survive 'hiccups' such as server outages, etc.

For 4-5 months there we were all rather shocked at the massive production that the big guns here at Free-DC could muster. Not only the guys you had to start with, but guys who joined up like MashRinx and Scoofy. :)

'tis not a sprint, I expect the contest for #1 to last quite a bit longer....if not permanently.

Keep up the good work. :)

Paratima
09-12-2002, 11:12 PM
Thanks, MAD-ness. I suspect you're right on most of that. A team of rats beats an elephant every time, for consistency.

Which is not to say that the elephant doesn't deserve respect, mind you. xj10bt, for example, hasn't crunched regularly since the first couple of weeks of CASP, and the rest of us are just now starting to catch up with him. The weekly changeovers did him in, what with them being not too slick back then. Plus lack of competition. Ditto Dyyryath. Ditto JTrinkle.

However, we are about to witness some serious crunching. FoBoT is taking on xj10bt, our Large Member. And IronBits is right behind, in case either one of them stumbles. I believe the rest of us are pretty well maxed out at the moment. (I know I am!)

It's gonna be a wild ride, though. Fasten your seat belt. If Dyyryath gets serious again and/or JTrinkle wakes up, look out!

Heh, and if Dyy doesn't get serious, in just a couple of weeks he's gonna see my :moon: !
(And I may see MashRinx' if I don't find some more juice.)

IronBits
09-12-2002, 11:28 PM
:jester: :haddock:

Paratima
09-13-2002, 09:48 AM
Oh, carp!

lemonsqzz
09-19-2002, 01:56 PM
psstt... I'm right behind ya :D

FoBoT
09-19-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by lemonsqzz
psstt... I'm right behind ya :D
yeah, i smell ya coming up ;)

i have to get that other lab setup before the weekend ! :scared:

pointwood
09-22-2002, 11:48 AM
Just noticed this:

Best structure so far: FoBoT - FreeDC - FreeDC - 8.20

:thumbs: :smoking: :|party|:

Congrats :)

FoBoT
09-22-2002, 04:11 PM
:o

it just proves howard's theory, generate enough sh!t and you can get some good results :D

Paratima
09-22-2002, 04:21 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. :p

bwkaz
09-22-2002, 05:09 PM
The funny thing, Paratima, is that that's exactly the point of this whole project... :p

Paratima
09-22-2002, 05:22 PM
So you say...

Every time I read (or re-read or re-re-read) the science threads, it makes my head hurt. :confused:

They say, "Yoboy, run this program." I understand that. So I runs it with everything I've got. :cool: