PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help Here!

n7vxj
07-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Guys, SETI.USA is closing on us fast!!! We could use some help here, so we can maintain #1 spot!

COME ON LAUREN!! YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN UP FOR A GOOD FIGHT!!

IronBits
07-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Put a core on it to see what it does. :)

Paratima
07-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Wow! Those Seti.usa folks appear to be serious. There's a whole great damn bunch of 'em.
We need to stop :music1: around or we'll be :train:.
Somebody call the :scarf:!

gopher_yarrowzoo
07-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Can't seem to do any work on this project even when I ask for work I get nothing :(

LAURENU2
07-25-2008, 12:15 AM
Wow! Those Seti.usa folks appear to be serious. There's a whole great damn bunch of 'em.
We need to stop :music1: around or we'll be :train:.
Somebody call the :scarf:!
I Might get another 10 to 20 K more then today But that should tap me out till I get back the 40 nodes I had packed up in boxes for the new construction
I will put a call out to the Doctor to see if he have a timeslip that he can spare:happyk9:

But this is Fun We have a Real dog race going Lets through all we can for a few days. :Pokes:
I will even go pull a Boxes out of storage add to it

LAURENU2
07-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Can't seem to do any work on this project even when I ask for work I get nothing :(

Then you must have something wrong :bonk:
memory or storage can even play a part
There must be a reason why your not getting any :slap:

alpha
07-25-2008, 02:26 AM
Also if you are over-committed to work from other BOINC projects it won't fetch new work, IIRC.

gopher_yarrowzoo
07-25-2008, 02:54 PM
50/50 ask of another project - maybe up the number of days work...

Paratima
07-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Have no idea what Gopher's problem is. This is about the cleanest BOINC project I've worked on. Heh, maybe it's a Scottish thing. :looney:

Anyhow, got my 2 main production boxen on it plus 2 borged chums. :borg: :borg: That's about all I've got at the moment.

Maybe I'll troll around my other buds & see if I can get a couple more converts. :thumbs:

Ya gotta hand it to SETI.USA - 40 peeps returning WU's and 18 of those over 1K/day.

Bok
07-25-2008, 03:13 PM
yup, looks like they are pushing it...

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=teammain&team=SETI.USA

well if mac2312 (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=d97f89065cae8a67e3624d6ebea403b5) jumped on it for a while we'd be toast in a couple of days :)

They have some big crunchers.. Just look at the full output across their projects....

I'll jump back to Intelligence Realms once I've cracked a few more 100k's... working on ABC@Home now as I did Leiden..

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=c843714b32e467b97d2571d1af9971f8

Bok :looney:

LAURENU2
07-25-2008, 06:14 PM
OK About up to full impulse Now Should hit about 70K for tomorrows update
I will go out to my warehouse tonight and pick up 1/2 dozen boxes and put them back online tonight / tomorrow Should top off around 80K
Can the team pick up the other 40K? :Pokes:Or are we going to to just lay down and :train:

n7vxj
07-26-2008, 11:48 AM
GO LAUREN GO!!!! Kinda reminds me of the FAD days! Pour the coals to them, and kick some butt!! :rock: :thumbs: :banana:

LAURENU2
07-26-2008, 12:14 PM
GO LAUREN GO!!!! Kinda reminds me of the FAD days! Pour the coals to them, and kick some butt!! :rock: :thumbs: :banana:
:cry: Looks like there will be :roadkill: soon.
I can not turn on my Afterburners and my Full speed is not enough to hold back the hungry hordes that are nipping at our heals
So Evey one just steep to the right to let the :train: pass by
I sure hope the have not been eating beans :fart:

Beyond
07-26-2008, 12:52 PM
What kind of memory requirements and best processor for this project?

/edit Never mind, had a quick look at thier website and it appears to be a commercial project ....

LAURENU2
07-26-2008, 01:33 PM
What kind of memory requirements and best processor for this project?

/edit Never mind, had a quick look at thier website and it appears to be a commercial project ....
256 mem per core But I think less for this project
any CPU works but not sure about the benchmarks per brand
You going to help out Beyond :Pokes: ?
Would love to steal back fist place

Beyond
07-26-2008, 07:23 PM
It appears to me to be a for profit (commercial company) project and I don't "do" commercial projects. Sorry

gopher_yarrowzoo
07-26-2008, 08:00 PM
I got work units FINALLY darn stupid thing....
Stuttering along as I am I doubt I'll hold the hordes back.

Doctor Who
07-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Did Someone call for the Doctor :scarf:
I just wanted to tell you the work you all
are doing here is vary important to the
survival of mankind keep up the good work

LAURENU2
07-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Did Someone call for the Doctor :scarf:

You Came Thank you, thank you, Is there anything you can do to help us retain our 1st place standing
Would a time dilation field help
Or jump me back a month
Or lend us :happyk9: Bet he could pump out the WU's :rock:

Paratima
07-28-2008, 12:05 PM
:roadkill:

Uh, we've just been handed our hat, fair & square.

Gotta hand it to yuh, SETI.USA. Amazing effort!

Helix_Von_Smelix
07-28-2008, 04:48 PM
are we giving up or going to keep running for a few weeks to see if they give up?

:Pokes:

Bok
07-28-2008, 04:58 PM
It's their 'project of the month' so they are likely to slow down this week...

Helix_Von_Smelix
07-28-2008, 05:00 PM
there is the answer, we keep on going.

LAURENU2
07-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Well if we had our dirty Dozen working it we could have gave them a run like we have on other Runs

And my output seems to be off a bit I will have to look at all my nodes The summer heat is a killer :roadkill:

n7vxj
07-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I got home from work today only to find out that there was a power outage today, and both my boxes were off!!:swear:

IronBits
07-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Well we still need to hold our lead in OGR before that project ends.
We can all come back here and stomp a mud hole when we are done, if we want to :)
Need to round up some more recruits... one boxen each would be fine...

LAURENU2
07-29-2008, 01:10 AM
:roadkill:
Ya I lost 1/2 my heard do to a power blip :bang:

LAURENU2
07-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Well we still need to hold our lead in OGR before that project ends.
We can all come back here and stomp a mud hole when we are done, if we want to :)
Need to round up some more recruits... one boxen each would be fine...
Ya I know your right IB But But you know how I love to Jump in front of moving Trains :train:

Crazybob @ SETI.USA
07-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry to have got by you guys so fast, hope we didn't dust up the road too much. This was our Project Of The Month and some on our team have some very nice resources and are willing to throw them wherever it can create the most damage. I will say that the key people on our team were very impressed with the fight you guys put up and how much professionalism you showed as we came past. Our hats are off to you.:cheers:

Bob

gopher_yarrowzoo
07-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Crazy Bob,
Yeah were a nice friendly team, hats off to you guys for well getting past us, good numbers and well it can only help the project in question out can't it, about time we had one of these I'd throw would I could on it :thumbs:

Goes to see if He can't find a suitable logo to weave into a tag ;)

Posted a congrats on Seti.USA's forum.

LAURENU2
07-30-2008, 10:18 PM
:thumbs: :thumbs: __SETI.USA
:allhail: dang you guys got 8 out of the top 10 on output for today

Well 1 more day and I will heading back to OGR so keep up the good work :thumbs:

gopher_yarrowzoo
07-31-2008, 02:26 PM
http://www.setiusa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11480 < thread on SetiUSA forum :)
Yeah they sound like a nice bunch of people, friendly too.. kinda like us..
I'd happily sit a spell with a few :cheers: with 'em.

Shish
07-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Well, I don't have much in the way of resources nowadays but I have dropped Milkyway for a while and put both cores of the 4800 (thanks Gary) on it and the 4400 and 165 will be following on after some rebuilds but that is when I get time cos I've been volunteered for a college intake new project which will be taking a lot of my available time for a while.
However, congrats to Seti USA, and nice to hear from the guys there.Seem a friendly bunch, just like us, from their forum.:cheers:
Reckon I'll be sticking with AI for a bit yet and with a backdated 3 year cap on energy prices, I'll be contributing a bit more. Now to see if I can slip a quadcore into the budget as this Asus of old is starting to show it's age :geezer::D

jasong
07-31-2008, 11:52 PM
At the moment, I'm working on getting the update feature to work on my Linux box. I don't think it should be too hard, since it's just 4 lines of errors.

I'll try to put a 50/50 share on it soon with that box. :)

Edit: And it looks like the updates are finally going through :)