PDA

View Full Version : Tru-64 proxy problem

Kaliban
09-17-2002, 09:39 PM
Got a client running on a tru-64 alpha box. It doesn't seem to want to upload the results to the server. Just get this:

========================[ Sep 17, 2002 10:31 AM ]========================
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 1157} Unable to check server status
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 4734} Error during upload: NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 4734} Error during upload: NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER

I have some intel boxes running behing the same firewall with no problems. Any known proxy issues with Tru64?

Brian the Fist
09-18-2002, 11:32 AM
It has not been thoroughly tested on Tru64 so anything is possible.. Do you know what sort of proxy server you are using and can you show your proxy.cfg file?

I just tried it on our tru64 machine through a linux box with a squid proxy and it worked just fine so it is probably something with your setup. Sometimes when proxies cache it causes problems.

Kaliban
09-20-2002, 02:35 AM
I don't even know the first thing about unix, someone else set this up at my request on a machine that I haven't even seen. It was a precurser to setting it up on an alphaserver 8400 to make sure things ran ok with no problems :(

I told them to set up the proxy the same way as with my intel boxes, a two line file called proxy.cfg with the proxy on the first line and the port on the second line. Since this is coming through the compaq/hp firewall I have no idea of anything about the proxy server's settinsg, but there are no problems with my intel boxes.

Brian the Fist
09-20-2002, 12:08 PM
Well then I can only guess that perhaps your friend set it up wrong somehow.

MAD-ness
09-20-2002, 06:24 PM
Kaliban: I suggest that you ask in the general forum for help in setting it up properly. Just start a new thread saying the same thing and re-pasting what you have in this thread then ALSO asking for help.

Probably cut and paste what you have in your proxy, and just make it clear that you don't know Unix very well, could someone who runs the client on Unix walk you through it.

Someone will probably be able to help, there are some amazingly skilled computer fiends that crunch on this project.

If that doesn't work you could go over to the Free-DC part of the forum and ask them, or you could go to Ars or KWSN forums and ask there.

If you still don't have any luck (and don't want to register at Ars forums) send me a PM here and cut and paste this thread and the contents of your proxy and any other information (especially about your firewall) that you can get me and I will repaste it over there for you.

Good luck.