PDA

View Full Version : Update to the Stats Ranking Scale

Dyyryath
09-18-2002, 12:40 PM
Since we're finally back on proteins for more than a week at a time, I've updated the ranking scale for the stats pages to reflect the size of the current protein.

The new levels are:

Red: 2,000,000 or more
Orange: 1,000,000 or more
Yellow: 500,000 or more
Green: 200,000 or more

I'm going to look at adding a few more colors in the lower ranks, but it's harder to come up with colors that work on all the different shades of background that exist on the stats table than you'd think.

If anyone wants to experiment with colors and comes up with good ones, feel free to let me know!

Paratima
09-18-2002, 12:43 PM
Ack! I've turned ORANGE!!

Dyyryath
09-18-2002, 12:56 PM
LOL ;)

You and me, both.

willebenn
09-18-2002, 04:02 PM
Dyy,
You scared the cr*p out of me for a second when I first checked.
Excuse me now I must go change my shorts :D

Paratima
09-18-2002, 08:27 PM
Me too. The first thing when I get out of bed in the morning... well, OK, the second thing*, is to check the stats and THEN see what's happening on the forum. Like, WOW, I'm thinking, I dropped 1.5 MILLION points overnight!! :scared:

When my mouse-hand stopped shaking enough, I navigated over to the forum and found this "Well, hi guys, I, um, well, just thought I'd scare the sh*t out of everyone first thing in the ayem. Heh! Have a nice day!" - signed Dyyryath :crazy:

Like when Howard changed all the project stats overnight, remember? We could have used a little WARNING! :swear:

*Everybody knows what the first thing you do is. :)

MAD-ness
09-18-2002, 10:55 PM
Thanks Dyy'ryath, the colors were getting out of hand.

pointwood
09-19-2002, 03:14 AM
A suggestion: I remember you have previously made some something where there where the colors had ranks too (hmm...this is difficult to explain for me :cry: ). Do you understand what I'm referring to?

IronBits
09-19-2002, 03:24 AM
I think it's important to see the colors adjusted so there is more for the smaller contributors to strive for...
Cyan could be used for 100,000 to 200,000. (or 250,000)

pointwood
09-19-2002, 06:10 AM
Request: could we get a color for those producing >10 mill? :shocked: ;) :D

And I agree with IB - some nice colors for the smaller crunchers would be really cool!

And, thanks once again for providing these stats Dyyryath :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

IronBits
09-19-2002, 09:18 AM
Hey PW, if someone would take the color scheme he is using for the website (4 shades of blue) and run some tests for what colors would look good, or work well over the blue backgrounds, he would appreciate it. I picked cyan, cause I figured it would look decent...
white could indicate some minimum activity of production
dim white could indicate no activity...

IronBits
09-19-2002, 11:10 AM
/images/ib/colorsfordyy.png
color="gray"><B>EGhAd
color="cyan"><B>Moogie
color="black"><B>dibldabl
color=#FFFFCC><B>bwkaz
color=#FFCCCC><B>magnav0x
color=#9999CC><B>Wedge
color=#20B2AA><B>Steve
color=#B0E0E6><B>ECL
color=#F5DEB3><B>Docwardo
color=#D8BFD8><B>Tax Bracket

Will this help any? 10 new colors to work with.
The "gray" color should be used for folks not producing ...
I picked random colors, don't anyone get their knickers in a bunch. ;) :D

Tax Bracket
09-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by IronBits
I picked random colors, don't anyone get their knickers in a bunch. ;) :D

...at least I'm not pink....thanks IB !

:jester: :rotfl:

IronBits
09-19-2002, 11:58 AM
Oh crap! I forgot, PINK has been reserved for H@. ;) :D

Hey, how about...
When some passes somebody,
they get their name in a very special color for the day ?
Something like maybe Royal Purple or something :D

pointwood
09-19-2002, 01:21 PM
Hey, how about...
When some passes somebody,
they get their name in a very special color for the day ?
Something like maybe Royal Purple or something :D I would hate that :swear: Since I'm about to be passed by a lot of people :p :jester:

IronBits
09-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Maybe I wasn't clear...
The person that makes the pass, the person now ahead of the other person they just passed, would get the royal treatment/color for the day...
Not much different than the up/down arrow being used to show movement in the ranks...
For instance, if you passed ME, you would be PURPLE for the day, or whatever color is to be used to represent 'special notice' of movement...
If you get passed, nothing happens to your color ;)
hmmm.... ;)
/me thinks I'm gonna have another thought...
nope, I forgot already :D

Moogie
09-20-2002, 12:00 AM
/images/ib/colorsfordyy.png
color="cyan"><B>Moogie

Amen to Cyan (IronBits asked me to do that). :D

But seriously, if it's not too much trouble, it would be really great to have colors for the smaller crunchers. It kind of makes us (read that me) feel like more of a contributor. And yes, I know it doesn't matter how much one contributes..just that they are crunching.

Ciao4now!

:cheers:

PS: You guys are great. :)

Kosh
09-22-2002, 01:38 AM
This new colour scheme singles me out quite nicely. I happen to be the only one making use of the yellow range at the moment.

Also, how would having different intensities through the colour ranges look? I would make a demo but I have a circuit design lab which needs writing up.

pointwood
09-22-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Kosh
Also, how would having different intensities through the colour ranges look? I would make a demo but I have a circuit design lab which needs writing up. That is excactly what I tried to suggest in one of my previous posts :)

You explained it much more clearly than I was capable of doing :thumbs:

Scoofy12
09-24-2002, 01:39 AM
w00t!
Orange again at last!

The problem with friends is that you have to keep bugging them from time to time to make sure theyre still running the client and keeping their computers on :p (:bs: inconsiderate punks)

That, and recruit new ones from time to time. :D
Now, if only my network connection would stay working... :swear: