PDA

View Full Version : Information from error.log

Darkness Productions
09-21-2002, 09:57 PM
Howard -

Could you explain what these lines mean?

ERROR: [001.001] {foldtrajlite.c, line 740} Too many files to send, some have been lost
ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite.c, line 5687} Too many files buffered

Both of those showed up in the log of a client. Does that mean that it will just quit when it's saved up too much data? If so, then that's bad for me. I only get a chance to check the client once per week (if I'm lucky), and the upload requirements for the client are too great for the dialup connection.

MAD-ness
09-22-2002, 05:09 AM
It means that you need to stop what you are doing and make sure that you have enalbed the "-df" switch on ALL clients.

Although, I thought this was fixed in the case of no-net clients and uploading more than six data sets.

Regardless, enable the -df switch (large buffering) and you won't have this problem again.

jlandgr
09-22-2002, 08:29 AM
What MAD-ness said. Additionally, I think there is still a hardcoded limit of 2500 files even with the -df switch IIRC. So, with a standard packet size of 5000 structures, that makes 1.25 million structures, but you could of course tweak the packet size a bit if you do no-netting for a prolongued period of time.
Jerome

Darkness Productions
09-22-2002, 03:34 PM
I use dfGUI to run the client, and have it set to 10000 structures per file, with the no-net option on. Does the -df do something different? I honestly don't know if -df is on or not...

But it was kind of annoying to see that I had lost almost 5 days of production on that box because it had too many files....

Scoofy12
09-22-2002, 03:46 PM
On DFgui, the checkbox that says "increase buffer size" corresponds to the -df option. It should be checked by default.