PDA

View Full Version : New Ebola target

badsac
01-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Just read over on the Sengent forums that they've released candidates for Ebola. Have any of you got one yet?

I've got to admit I'm happy that they're branching towards things like ebola which are actually a real problem here and now. While safeguarding our future against bioterrorism is good, it will be good to be working towards finding a cure for something that is actually killing people right now.

starlight
01-14-2002, 06:40 AM
I'm killing a couple right now! :D

Ugly little buggers. :eek:

badsac
01-14-2002, 09:31 AM
I wanna see! I WANNA SEE!!!!!!! :mad: :p

It takes me so long to get through my cache that it'll be ages before it see one. :(

Anyone want to post a screenshot of what it looks like?

megadose_
01-14-2002, 10:29 AM
Killing current problems is a good thing but have you ever read up on smallpox? I read an article on it one time and it scared the bejesus out of me. I wish I could remember the link. I think I had seen it at Ars but can't remember.

Supp
01-14-2002, 10:52 AM
I've found that scary reading : It's here (http://cryptome.org/smallpox-wmd.htm)

I'm really glad that *thing* is only in freezers.

megadose_
01-14-2002, 03:17 PM
:eek: That's the one. It was a long read but I found I couldn't keep from finishing it.

starlight
01-14-2002, 05:27 PM
Here's one of the ugly suckers!

badsac
01-14-2002, 08:49 PM
megadose_: Hell yeah, I've read all about smallpox. That's what got me started on this project. That article scared the bejesus out of me as well. You should poke a box or two on this project if you haven't already. It's a goodun. ;)

starlight: Thanks heaps for that image. Isn't that an ugly sucker? If I was that ugly I'd sure be a nasty bugger as well. :D