PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of Sieve stats page.

[DPC]Frentik
09-12-2008, 05:17 PM
If I look at my personal sob sieve page: http://www.henleyclan.co.uk/sobsieve/alltime/ui/15121.htm I see that 7 of that 8 sob factors I found sofar are in the Excluded (of FactorsE) column. I know the scoring for SoB sieve is a "bit strange" but I'm just curious if I will get points for those factors *ever* and/or why they are in the excluded column.... I haven been able to find any explanation.

If I look at other team members I also see tests that have now scored 35 points and there is a value in the "score could be" column. I assume that if a prp tests is saved the score for those tests will be updated?

Joe O
09-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Just guessing, I would say that the most likely explanation is that your 7 excluded factors are for k n pairs where 20M<n<50M. MikeH is not yet scoring these. I don't know what his plans are.

[DPC]Frentik
09-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I know at least the last two had n>20M so I guess the others ones were too. If I understand the scoring right then I might get some points in the future for these factors if:

-we run sob in the same n-range (20M+)
-for the k no prime has been found yet and
-my factors will save a prp test..

vjs
10-17-2008, 06:27 PM
-we run sob in the same n-range (20M+)
-for the k no prime has been found yet and
-my factors will save a prp test..

This pretty much sums it up. Hopefully Mike will add things at that point or before, I'd hate to lose Mikes valuable stats.