PDA

View Full Version : Highest K

smh
09-27-2002, 11:12 PM
On the SB hompage it says:

9/26: Current k is now the highest tested of remaining 17
Our collective efforts have surpassed individuals who have been working on other k values for years. Check out the relative test limits at The Sierpinski problem homepage run by Ray Ballinger and Wilfrid Keller.

Not completely, the lowest remaining value 4847 has been tested to 2.000.000 See http://sierpinski.insider.com/4847 for the latest on this number.

OTOH the other number that is reserved by SB (67607) is the least far tested of the remaining 17. How far will the current number be tested before starting on the other number? It seems that this could be brought to 1.000.000 verry quickely.

Sander

jjjjL
09-28-2002, 08:11 PM
yes. Payam just finished a few low numbers that were holding him up in the last couple days.

in much the same way, expect to see SB do something similar soon. in the future i'd like to make a graph to represent the density of values left under test.

for instance, SB user beth133 is doing the primality test on n=1261617. that is the only n value <1,500,000 left. when he finishes, expect the lower bound to jump up around 1.6 mill.

he's been working on it for weeks... because he's using v.9.0 which is ~30x slower than the new client. i'm actually waiting for him to finish before i send out an email to those using the old client reminding them to upgrade.

with all the research you've been doing, i'm sure you noticed that i have only been collecting version info for a little bit. i'll make another thread about this.

the next version will almost certainly have a feature that will allow the server to alert the user that a new version is out.

-L

ps - check out the two threads i'm about to post. interesting info and exciting news. :)