PDA

View Full Version : No official stats yet for OGRNG?

Bok
10-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Unless I'm totally overlooking them.... ?

LAURENU2
10-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Unless I'm totally overlooking them.... ?
No but totally overlooking them does sound like a good Idea :swear: :jabber:
OR NOT Because this is Free-DC

alpha
10-27-2008, 09:33 AM
They should be coming in the next few days according to Bovine's .plan.

Chuck
10-27-2008, 08:44 PM
I can't find them either, but DID get a notice that the list is being built..... that was red highlighted and mentioning to check back in a few minutes.... so perhaps some progress... question remaining, is the backend active ?

I got this text: 'STATS WARNING: Apologies, these pages are currently being built. Please try again in a few minutes'

C.

PS: am using the same base hyperlink, prj=26, same team #.

PPS: and for Bok to MISS something like that? Not gonna happen. you said it right, " Because this is Free-DC "

Brucifer
10-29-2008, 11:22 PM
They should be coming in the next few days according to Bovine's .plan.

so when is the "next few days" supposed to be over with? Any idea?? :)

alpha
10-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Brucifer, I've heard the stats should be up over the next week or so.

Some might be interested to know, I think there is only 9,967,533 stubs for OGR-26 (compared to 304,857,742 on OGRp2-25), but on average, the stubs will be larger in terms of nodes. Also, with the effective reduction in node rate with the new algorithm, that will have an effect on how long the project takes too.

Each stub has to be returned twice for OGR-26 as well, so the true total is 19,935,066 stubs (compared to 609,715,484 on OGRp2-25).

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-30-2008, 02:50 PM
we best get cracking then!!!

Brucifer
10-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Seems a little ridiculous that they would put out the client, etc., and not have any way for people to see that they are getting their stuff into the system okay.... Would sorta suck just a teensy bit to put a week aor so worth of crunching into something only to find out that the system wasn't recognizing it.

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-30-2008, 05:55 PM
well you can check that your work is at least being uploaded.

http://stats.free-dc.org/dnet/ogr/byemail.html

alpha
10-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Yuck, that page is getting messy. Also, shouldn't the pproxy stats be reset for OGR-NG?

Bok
10-30-2008, 06:49 PM
I thought about that, but it's a fair bit of work involved and I just haven't got round to it.

Once I do I can probably retrospectively apply it though seeing as it's based on logs..

Chuck
10-30-2008, 10:06 PM
As instructed, another core brought online to the task.

This is 'field test' time for the new machine and will go easy on it to verify all is ok before letting it rip.

Let's check results in 24 hours. I have a good idea where this should put me.... Expect pro-rated performance of a OGR-25 P2 day.

The proxy got it easily and updates are up to spec. it's running nice and clean with minimal daemons interrupting it.

more news tomorrow, same channel.

C.

alpha
10-31-2008, 12:47 PM
http://stats.distributed.net/projects.php?project_id=26

Death
10-31-2008, 05:55 PM
oh yes! it works!!!

BoK, can we have a free-dc ogr26 stats updated today???
And can you also set ogr stats update time to UTC+2 as discussed at stats subforum?
So at morning we all can see at least two stats updates/....

Bok
10-31-2008, 05:58 PM
maybe tomorrow. Got to take kids out for trick & treat...

And it's not as trivial as adding a BOINC project, I'll have to add in entries for each team (or rewrite the parse as I've been intending to for a while..)

Bok

Death
10-31-2008, 06:09 PM
oh man.
i wonder that's just a matter of changing 25 to 26. oops.
====
my precious now sleeping at grandma house ))

Chuck
10-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Check out the stats on the d.net site...... they suffice.

Brucifer
11-01-2008, 01:15 AM
yep, the standard distributed.net stats. :) But they at least show the points being accumulated. :) Now tomorrow I'll see if my perproxy is working correctly and points are still showing up. But the proxy appears to be working okay and communicating with the other servers.

So is there going to be another gathering of the eagles on this ogr project to hit it hard and heavy since it isn't going to run as long? My new stuff for ogr-ng should be showing up on the Free-DC team in tomorrow's stats run hopefully.

IronBits
11-01-2008, 01:41 AM
:thumbs:

http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmember.php?project_id=26&team=26268

http://www.aexoden.com/dnetc/

Bok
11-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Pity we can't lobby the project to put out better stats to parse....I had some talks with TheJet over at Ars about it but it came to nothing..

alpha
11-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Their stats site is apparently open source. Maybe they'd be more interested if we had a patch to offer?

Bok
11-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Preliminary..

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=ogr26

I started rewriting so I could include at least the team scores for those teams which do not allow userlists, but just don't have the enthusiasm for it... Did I mention how much I REALLY hate having to scrape for data (even if it's in xml format...)

I just added the first 20 teams or so, as well as Ukraine :)

Will add more as people ask for them..

Bok

Alpha, yes DNET has open source stats. I've looked at them a little as the schema and such is also available, but it would not make too much difference anyway as they still impose a 100 record limit on retrieval regardless and refuse to do away with the very silly (IMO) password option on team stats. It's not really as if there is that much data. Seti, Einstein, CPDN and a few others have way more data and they provide files with everything in to parse..

/end rant

alpha
11-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Looks great Bok, thanks for finding the time and effort!

There is now a progress and stubspace breakdown (http://stats.distributed.net/project/ogr_status.php?project_id=26) for OGR-26. We're 2% done already and that's before the client even gets out of pre-release.