PDA

View Full Version : A question for a wizard....

Brucifer
11-06-2008, 02:02 AM
I just left the IRC channel on distributed.net and they couldn't answer this, at least the people present couldn't.

You have an OGR client with some unfinished work units in the queue. How do you just get only those work units finished and not suck down any more work units from the server?????

paleseptember
11-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Open up Configuration

Option 1 - General Client Options

then
Option 2 - Complete this many packets. Enter "-1".

Otherwise you could try setting the fetch buffer to 1 workunit, switch the client to offline mode, then just email in the result.

Other people might have better ideas.

paleseptember
11-06-2008, 04:24 AM
Second attempt.

I may have made things more complicated than necessary in my previous post. If you disable communications with the server, and just send the buff-out.ogr file via email reporting when the client has finished crunching?

Good luck!

~PS

Brucifer
11-06-2008, 10:04 AM
ah so..... :)

I guess sometimes we just look for the too complicated and easy answer rather than taking the simple and logical approach. :D

Thankyou!!

alpha
11-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Specifying "-runoffline" as a command line parameter would disable all network access.

The more ideal solution for this would be "-runbuffers" which should exit when the buffers are empty. Similar solution to what paleseptember suggested.

The client has loads of command line options, see them all with "-help".

Brucifer
11-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Specifying "-runoffline" as a command line parameter would disable all network access.

The more ideal solution for this would be "-runbuffers" which should exit when the buffers are empty. Similar solution to what paleseptember suggested.

The client has loads of command line options, see them all with "-help".

thank you.... I was trying -h /h etc. :)

yoyo
11-07-2008, 05:39 AM
You can use the option -n -1, which runs all buffers until they are empty.
yoyo

Brucifer
11-07-2008, 08:19 PM
yup, what I'm using is ./dnetc -runoffline -n -1
works great. :) Thank you all for your help and interest. :)