PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta Updates

Digital Parasite
11-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Looks like Rosetta@Home continues to do real work and progress with their DC project:

From David Baker's journal:
http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_thread.php?id=1177

Posted 27 Oct 2008 4:55:54 UTC

We just got good news from the CASP organizers--our results were among the best at casp8 and we have been asked to describe the methods we used -- including all of your work -- at the CASP8 meeting in December. There are a number of evaluations of the performance of the automatic servers at CASP8 available on the web, and comparison of our models to the servers shows that all of your efforts led on average to quite a bit better models. Of course, we don't yet know other "human" groups did on the CASP8 targets--for this we will have to wait for the meeting!

I'm also excited because I've been working on improvements to the energy function which underlies most rosetta@home calculations, and the first tests of the improvements should run on rosetta@home this next week!

and

Posted 29 Oct 2008 5:12:14 UTC
Last modified: 7 Nov 2008 7:22:12 UTC

We have many exciting calculations just starting to run on rosetta@home! We are testing many new methods (see Chu's post today about zinc binding proteins for one of them) and we are eagerly examining each new work unit coming back from your computers. I am very excited personally as I'm doing the first large scale test of (what I think are) improvements in the energy function underlying the searches that I've been working on the past few months (these are the work units with "split" in them).

and

Posted 7 Nov 2008 7:27:53 UTC

Please see Sarel's post today on protein-protein interface design about to start up on rosetta@home. Sarel is designing proteins to block the action of pathogens like cholera, and we are excited that with your help we can make inhibitors for many proteins causing disease. We are also starting large scale tests of brand new structure prediction methods, including some that I have been developing myself. This is a very exciting time at rosetta@home!

alpha
11-11-2008, 02:15 AM
All great news. It's nice having such good feedback to let us know that our CPU cycles make a difference.

Paratima
11-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Nice!