PDA

View Full Version : Electron Microscope III v2.0.0 (New)

TheWeatherMan
10-06-2002, 07:25 PM
Electron Microscope III v2.0.0 (New)
Genome 2 Tracking
Extra Launch Commands
Project Number Display Added
Server Info Display Added
Number of Amino Acids Display Added

Several new features added and a jump in major versions. This first release is a beta. Genome tracking is now enabled in EM III. EM III will currently only track Genome work units when using the F@H3 client. Genome Classic is not currently supported. The feature will enable automatically when a Genome work unit is downloaded and run.

Because some extra features can be enabled when launching the client, you can now add extra commands. These commands will only be added when launching local instances of the client. The extra commands currently are:
-forceasm (Force core assembly optimizations to be used if available)
-advmethods (Use new advanced scientific cores and/or work units)

The -local command is not necessary or needed as EM III adds that automatically when you select to use EM III to launch the client(s). Do not add the -local command!

The Project Number, Work Unit Server, and Amino Acid info (Only applies to Genome Work Units) is now displayed along with the Run/Clone/Generation info.
The F@H info will be displayed like this:
(Project) Run/Clone/Generation [Server]
The G@H info will be displayed like this:
(Project) Amino Acids [Server]

Get it here: http://www.em-dc.com

http://www.em-dc.com/images/latestem.jpg

TheWeatherMan
10-09-2002, 07:43 AM
There is a small bug in the extra command option.
When you type in more than one command, like -advmethods -forceasm then put a check in the box to use them, exit the options menu and come back to the options menu, the changes do not show up. They exist and were saved, but you can't see them without restarting EM. I have fixed the issue for the next release.

Also, for those interested, jlandgr is working on the German translation and TwoFrogs and his friend Roberto in Italy are nearly finished with the Italian translation. I am hoping that both will be finished before I release the next version. jlandgr and TwoFrogs are members of Team Helix and I want to acknowledge that.

A great many people have helped me make both the EM program and the EM-DC web site a better place with information you can't get anywhere else. Don't forget you can press that PayPal button if you have a spare $5 laying around you would like to donate to the cause. ;) I need more web space. :D