PDA

View Full Version : stats modified

jjjjL
10-07-2002, 03:19 AM
I redid a lot of the stats today. the overall graphs now go back to around when the v0.9.2 client came out since the other half the graph wasn't all that useful to look at (empty).

i made a large notice above the main numerics showing the main progress indicator (lower bound of n) in bold so everyone realizes what kind of progress we have made from one number.

then i modified the CPU time estimates to fit the new version of the program instead of the old so instead of 8000 P90 years, it's shows the more accurate 60 or so that have actually been done.

removed trial block stats

also, extended the time used to be considered "active"... back when blocks expired in a day, 1 day activity made sense, but now i don't think that's an accurate picture of how many people are really participating so i raised it to 2 weeks... the same amount of time a block can remain pending with the new clients.

some time in the future, expect to have a graph displaying user growth, all k value lower bounds for all 17 numbers (will show how high we have tested compared to other remaining numbers), and a top 100 page (after all, until recently, it was no feat to make the top 10 ;)). i will also some day make a page of "proof" displaying the factors of the numbers that we don't test and partial residues of the ones we have proth tested.

no idea when i'll be able to do all those things.. just stuff i'm planing.

-L

prokaryote
10-07-2002, 06:01 AM
:cool:

igor
10-08-2002, 11:51 AM
I have a question about statisics. It indicates that there have been 15
blocks done in the last day by me. Either I don't understand what block
is, or this is wrong. In my interpretation a block is between the line
"got proth test from server" and the line "completed proth test". Using this definition, there're no more than 5 blocks from me in the last day.

Igor

jjjjL
10-08-2002, 02:15 PM
yeah, that was wrong. those stats were changed to 2 week stats too but i didn't update it. fixed now.

-L