PDA

View Full Version : iMAC Linux PPC folding Problem

DGROMS.com
10-08-2002, 08:03 PM
ERROR: 001.001 {foldtrajlite.c line 1091} Caught sig 11

Can anyone help I have this iMAC doing nothing and I cannot get folding working, please help me

Regards
David Glasson
DGROMS.com

Paratima
10-08-2002, 09:54 PM
There's been a whole bunch of that particular problem going around.

I refer you to this thread (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=1389) and this other one (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=1527). Neither on iMACs, but the same sort of problem.

You'll be advised by everyone to check your RAM and I'll add that what finally solved it for me was a BIOS upgrade.

Sticky problem, no hard & fast answers. Good luck working through it.

Brian the Fist
10-10-2002, 11:11 AM
hi,

sig 11 is a seg fault (program crash). Can you give me more details on WHEN it happened - what the program was doing at the time. And it is every time at the same place, or random, etc.
The executable is built on an iMac running OS X so it shouldn't be an issue of incompatible hardware/CPU I don't think, though it could indeed be bad RAM, especially if it seems random.

DGROMS.com
10-10-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Brian the Fist
hi,

sig 11 is a seg fault (program crash). Can you give me more details on WHEN it happened - what the program was doing at the time. And it is every time at the same place, or random, etc.
The executable is built on an iMac running OS X so it shouldn't be an issue of incompatible hardware/CPU I don't think, though it could indeed be bad RAM, especially if it seems random.

Brian,
I am actually running YellowDog Linux on the iMAC not OSX. I have checked the RAM and replaced with brand new RAM and it is still happening. I occurs just after the check for new versions it crashes out with the Sig 11 and back to the prompt. I am not using the -rt or the priority switches, although I have tried them and the same problem still occurs, I do however suspect that it may be a HDD and swap partition problem so I am going to get a new HDD and do a fresh install and I will get back to you if the problem still exists.

Thanks

Brian the Fist
10-11-2002, 09:59 AM
Ok, someone actually using the PPC Linux version, eh?
Well that's built on Yellow Dog with gcc I believe. If you can' get it working I can send you a debug version which will produce a useful core dump that I could then look at to see the problem.

DGROMS.com
10-13-2002, 09:14 PM
Please do it still isn't working. You can email it to administrator@dgroms.com

Thanks
David Glasson

DGROMS.com
10-15-2002, 07:53 PM
OK, after a new HDD and a fresh install of the OS the PPC Linux cleint is finally working. Thanks for your help

DGROMS.com