PDA

View Full Version : FightAIDSatHome

Tax Bracket
10-10-2002, 06:47 AM
If anyone is looking for a new project try

http://www.fightaidsathome.com/

Seems like one of the 'better' causes...

We have a Free-DC team with just two of us at the moment.

Also, could be wrong on this but I think it rates the teams on Computer hours spend, not tasks completed, so could be good for slow boxes...

Anyway, check it out...

TB

IronBits
10-10-2002, 08:57 AM
I went to investigate, seems there is some problem with their databases, so I'll check back later this evening.

Darkness Productions
10-10-2002, 12:33 PM
I ran this project a couple years ago (it's actually been around that long). The client is pretty good, but at the time, it was Windows only. Also, for those that want quick WUs, this might not be a good choice for you, as they take a good amount of time (typically).

Supp
10-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Yup, this project's around for quite some time. Clients's pretty stable but ... stats are very very confusing and INHO unusable...and FAAH page shows little (=no) news for almost 2 years and you don't know what you're working at - no targets, molecules...nada...they had other project (Safermarkets.org) and it ended and no press release was released :( and nobody told what/when/where/whose results are/will be....

magnav0x
10-16-2002, 01:21 PM
#

Supp
05-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Phase 1 of FAAH just ended
and second phase is underway

Old stats will be available till end of May

And sometime later this year, there should
be LINUX and MacOS client!
:)

That's way to go!

<rant>and maybe some news on results...</rant>

wirthi
05-22-2003, 11:59 AM
I've just signed up and installed the client on one PC (P4, 1500). How long do workunits usually take (hours, days, weeks?)

Is there a Free-DC team yet? At signup I tried to join the team "freedc" (no special caracters seem to be allowed in the name), but this team didn't exist then ...

Darkness Productions
05-22-2003, 01:03 PM
You can typically (with the old client) do many WUs per day. I honestly have no idea how the new client fares. I know that there was a team for the old client as well, called Free-DC.

HTH

wirthi
05-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Ok, thanks DP. I guess things will clarify after running the client for some time. They always had with other projects in the past.