PDA

View Full Version : We've dropped to number 4

badsac
01-17-2002, 12:25 AM
We need more boxen, people. I've put a pimp in the Sengent forum to try to get some new people.

stelcolker has joined us since, and a big welcome to him.

But we need some more people. :(

Aphex
01-17-2002, 02:04 AM
What happened to Ironbit's output? is he working on another project?

At our current rates we will overtake Team USA but the Germans are outproducing us per day and so are the Italians obviously. What happened to the rest of TFY?

Aphex

badsac
01-17-2002, 02:13 AM
IB hasn't produced for a while now. You're right. He's been concentrating on other projects.

Yeah, I'm not sure about our production next to Team USA. Randy 'freaky' Jackson joined them a day or two ago which put them up above us. We outproduced them yesterday, but I'm not sure if we will be able to do that constantly. We need a big influx if we're ever going to get the Italians and Germans. :(

CSMan
01-17-2002, 11:00 AM
I think we can catch up, then hold off, Team USA barring they get any more people helping them. It may be only a hundred or so that we're doing more than them each day, but that's fine by me!
We will definitely need more people if we're going to have any chance of catching the Italians or Germas though.

I think I read over on Ars that someone is going to reform the TFY team. I haven't seen it re-open yet.

vfrey
01-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by badsac
We need a big influx if we're ever going to get the Italians and Germans. :(

Yeah, that's right. :D

Nevertheless, all the best from Germany and team Rechenkraft.de. I put my trust in you to beat this Randy Jackson-connection...;)

starlight
01-17-2002, 04:00 PM
My production today will be next to nothing since I won't be able to even try the "fix" for a couple of more hours. I'll start back up as soon as I get home this evening.

Aphex
01-17-2002, 09:38 PM
This was mostly a wasted day for me. I think I did very little today and plus I had to take a machine offline. Anyone know how to hide the client?

Aphex

badsac
01-17-2002, 10:37 PM
Hey Aphex. There's the old HideIt trick (http://flyingars.beverlywebdesign.com/faqs/hideitfaq.shtml) from G@H. I haven't tried it with D2OL yet to see if it works. Do you want to be a trail blazer?

If you've got an NT based OS, I'm not sure if D2OL would be fit to run as a service. That's another thing that could be tried. You wouldn't have any way of getting the GUI up and checking status then though.

I don't know. I'll have a look about and see if I can find anything.

badsac
01-17-2002, 11:06 PM
I just noticed we've hit 10 members. A big welcome to xj10bt. We're turning into a mighty team now. ;)

Aphex
01-18-2002, 12:00 AM
I was just being lazy and asking you guys if you knew of anyway to hide it. I will work on it and let you know. I think I am going to lose up to 50 a day now unless I find more boxes that are not in production. :(

Aphex

badsac
01-18-2002, 09:01 AM
Hey vfrey. How did I miss your post? Sorry. :( Welcome to our forums anyway. Hope you can drop by regularly. Thanks for trusting us to put the Randy Jackson connection in it's place. If I thought any team that weirdo is involved with was going to make number one, then I'd go join your mob myself. :p I noticed you outproduced the Italians yesterday. Good going. I wish you'd slow down a bit though. Wouldn't you rather a 3 horse race instead of two? ;)

Aphex, that sucks that you'll be losing that much production. Is the problem that you can see that little joystick and hence the client, or that the engine is to big? Would a command line client help you that much? Since the engine's a separate program, it will stay as bloated as ever no matter what the front end. Can you give us a bit more info so we can try to help sort your problem?

CSMan
01-18-2002, 07:07 PM
I downloaded FireDaemon and got it to work with DDOL. FireDaemon itself gave me an error when I first started it, but when I rebooted, it worked fine.
Only thing I wouldn't like about it running as a service, is there isn't any way to check the progress.

badsac
01-19-2002, 03:45 AM
Hey CSMan. Good stuff! You're a bit of a trail blazer! It would be nice if we could work out if their was a log file that was updated when a conformer is finished. Then we could write a little app like GSpy that you launch and it reports the state of the client at that point. We might have to make another post over at Sengent. I might have a poke about in the Sengent directory here while I'm at it.

vfrey
01-19-2002, 09:37 PM
Hi Badsac,

thanks for welcoming me to the Free-DC forum. Another thanks to you for visiting our forum...do not hesitate to come again, just because the forum is in german language. As you might know by now, some of us know some english...:)

I'm sure the Free-DC team will be a major player in forthcoming projects, but I hope we will be able to challenge you anyway.:D

badsac
01-19-2002, 10:59 PM
No worries vfrey. Yeah, I knew a lot of you guys would be able to speak english. Most people from northern european countries seem to be able to speak it well. My best mate's dad who's dutch but has been here for 30 years speaks worse english than the family he left behind in holland. :p But still, it feels like bad manners to just come pushing into a forum and not speak the proper language. I'm glad you guys didn't mind. :D

And don't worry about us being a challenge in forthcoming projects. We're going to kick you guys around in this project before we're done. We're up to 11 members now! (I can see your impressed : p)

Hey I just noticed you're from Munich. I was there for a few days in 1993, but even just being there such a short time I knew I liked the place. How come people are so damn tall there though? When we were there, me and the girls I was with went to a nightclub I think near the old university district (does that sound right? I've drunk a lot of beer since then. :p) You could tell the foreigners in the place because we were the short arses. I'm 5ft 10 and I swear their wasn't a local women, let alone man who was even close to being as short as me. The poor girls I was with, none who were taller than 5ft 6 felt like midgets. :D