PDA

View Full Version : Nqueens Push

LAURENU2
12-27-2008, 09:24 PM
:beep:Beep Beep Slower:geezer: traffic keep to the Right :lmao:

outlnder
12-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Come on, guys. Time for some :roadkill: of the Kniggets!!

LAURENU2
12-28-2008, 01:06 AM
I Think it is going to just be against the world :viking:
But I know ZEN :eek:and the POWER of the ONE :lmao:
With that I can not fail:rotfl:

LAURENU2
12-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I Think it is going to just be against the world :viking:
But I know ZEN :eek:and the POWER of the ONE :lmao:
With that I can not fail:rotfl:
OH OH the Ars are in trouble now IB is standing up besides me now :thumbs:

And you know it only takes 3 Free-DC,ers to take down teams

Ars definitely needs some :Pokes:. Oh, wait a minute, yes, we are :bonk:, I couldn't find a kicking your butt emoticon.

And we don't even need a kicking your butt emoticon to do it:rock:

We are here Now and We Will be waving this :roadkill: as we pass

IronBits
12-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Why isn't this Forum showing up in the recent posts section?

LAURENU2
12-28-2008, 01:49 PM

It is a secret Thread so we can sneak up on the Ars and :stomp: them bad :lmao:

LAURENU2
12-28-2008, 01:55 PM
OK who will be our 3rd musketeer :fight:

LAURENU2
12-28-2008, 10:32 PM
The Knights Who Say Ni!:nicow:
Will soon be Dethroned :roadkill:
Only 4 K to go and we WILL have 10th Place

And it looks like we could take 8th in 3 weeks with just IB and myself

gopher_yarrowzoo
12-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Hmm most oddness I think I might just fire this project on along side AI / Rosetta for some fun...

/OT
"For Death, For Glory, For Quel'thalas, Charge!" - Should be the Blood Elves Battle cry yet it's not..
"Magic, you want magic, I'll show magic, now cool off hothead!" - me, after basically literally ice cubing something in World of Warcraft...
OT/

Sorry I just felt like putting those quote somewhere!

LAURENU2
12-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Team Norwayis next :train:
I am almost up to full speed.
I should have my Afterburners on by tomorrow night

Bok
12-29-2008, 09:25 AM

ugh, when a new forum is added it does not automatically get added to the recent posts part of vBAdvanced.. added.

gopher_yarrowzoo
12-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Oh and Welcome Chuck :D, I'll show up in stats too soon, I hope!

Chuck
12-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi Goph!
Hi All..... Just shot an email to Laurenu2 and decided to check in here. Laurenu2 just pushed us to 9th position. ( I have to learn where we stand & all )

Some things for linux (64 bit) users to watch out for... 6.4.5 does not work properly on Fedora AMD installs on ANY CPU. The CORRECT version is 6.2.15.... BUT this means you MUST VERIFY the 'network always available' in the LOCAL OVERRIDE SETTINGS... and that it is NOT doing anything by the preferences critial to ops. Otherwise you will have work waiting to report, but never reported. One machine had 700+ claimed credits waiting for the 'update', just since 5am.

As I told Lauren.... there was a ton of work stacked up ready to send in... It's now uploading/reporting & processing.... You should see things pick up now (I hope I got it all).

To add injury to insult.... I had an 'overcollection of farm dust' get into my Gigabyte coolers.... As such, the cpus shut down at 70+C like they should, but the nVidia graphics card sitting next to it could not handle the 70C and gave up the ghost. I will be off to the store this PM to see if anything reasonable (8800, 8800GT, etc is available).... I'ld take anything that can handle the heat in the event of another farm dust buildup.
I also lost 3 HD's in that... but they were circa 2004 vintage and the heat obviously did them in.. no big deal there.
After a good washing of alcohol and relubricating of bearings and fresh mounting on the cpus... all is good again... 39-42C at full load per CPU... including being overclocked by 6% until compound cures.

To get things running and 'up the heat'... I turned off the X-server, and am running the one machine on a (DO NOT LAUGH) STB 128 Velocity (8MB RAM) PCI-33 card. It works fine in text mode but not well in X.... go figure! :) (it's my 'dire emergency' card!)

As for the project... Now the settings are set.... All non-boinc work suspended to make up for the stupidity / frustration. (yes, I was an unhappy camper!)

Project Overall: Perhaps being redundant, but running in Text mode (./run_client) is much faster than bringing up the overhead of X and the BOINC GUI if settings are all KNOWN CORRECT and avoiding all the darn RPC calls BOINC makes.

Thanks again for the welcome Goph..... It's good to be up and running.... %#@!!$$ BOINC.... lol

Laurenu2 and all have done a great job pushing us up and I hope I can contribute to that now things are running as they should be. Four spare cpu coolers are in prep to be ready for the other machine, should another also need a 'de-farming'.... :)

Hope my efforts help.

Chuck

Chuck
12-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Laurenu2,

Kindly kick in the afterburners please!!!!

A number of my 'pending' credits are waiting for you!!!

Anything I can help that "poor Windows XP machine" with? :Pokes:

Chuck

Bok
12-30-2008, 05:10 PM
actually that's nothing to do with v6.4.5 I don't think.

I was running 6.4.5 on a couple of 64bit AMD's under CentOS just fine, though they now are running 6.5 (and have issues due to scheduling and GPUGrid making it think it needs more cpu resource :( ) The boinc developers are working on this for the 6.6 series coming out probably in the next few weeks..

Waiting to report just means that it hasn't ran a scheduled report to the server in a while. This could be due to many reasons, but mainly it's the value of the 'connected to internet every X days' which should be set to 0 for always on, and yes this can be overrode at the client-side but it's not really necessary...

After all that though, if you can I'd stick with 6.2.19 or 6.2.21 anyway due to the scheduling problems which have cropped up recently.

Bok

LAURENU2
12-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Now I am at near full power I Cleaned out all the old work :thumbs:
But now I have found 2 burned out quad fuel injectors :cry:So Afterburners will not ignite.
:beep:I will try to pick up new ones tonight if I can

Chuck
12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
actually that's nothing to do with v6.4.5 I don't think.

I was running 6.4.5 on a couple of 64bit AMD's under CentOS just fine, though they now are running 6.5 (and have issues due to scheduling and GPUGrid making it think it needs more cpu resource :( ) The boinc developers are working on this for the 6.6 series coming out probably in the next few weeks..

Waiting to report just means that it hasn't ran a scheduled report to the server in a while. This could be due to many reasons, but mainly it's the value of the 'connected to internet every X days' which should be set to 0 for always on, and yes this can be overrode at the client-side but it's not really necessary...

After all that though, if you can I'd stick with 6.2.19 or 6.2.21 anyway due to the scheduling problems which have cropped up recently.

Bok

Bok,

You are probably correct that it has nothing to do with 6.4.5 specifically. I think it has more to do with the Network Manager & other noise now in FC-9 and FC-10 which got accidentally pushed back into FC-8.

I have experienced the scheduling problems (minor) with 6.2.15 on FC-8.... they are manageable/correctable.... I know 6.4.5 is good with other 64 bit linuxes, but I was specific to the Fedora AMD (FC-8, FC-9, and probably the FC-10 which is coming out).

I will try 6.2.19 or .21 if you think that's got a better scheduler..... What it reports to the host (that my client is only 16% active, yet runs 98-99% efficiency) doesn't make sense. The scheduling and interface of 6.4.5 on Fedora (redhat) just doesn't want to work right, regardless of what I do, but then the Network Manager and related VPN packages have SVN conflicts like crazy.... (to the point of not even installing!!!!) ... Somehow the Tree branches for FC-9 seem to have been pushed onto FC-8 and caused heretofore unseen problems in FC-8. One such example is a standard NFS mount..... Can you believe 'No route to host' ?? when the IP of the host is in the host table and you can both PING and SSH and everything else to it, including run Sun xVM and get a SMB share from it???

Is it worth the effort to give it to give 6.2.19/21 a try? Does it work 'better' ?

Thanks,
Chuck

Bok
12-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Sounds like your problems are more with the OS than Boinc anyway right ?

I never use the packages for BOINC anyway, I just wget the tarball and untar it and then

./boinc --allow_gui_remote_rpc via screen (to let me utilize boincview)

Longtime since I used FC, I prefer CentOS these days for crunchers personally, mainly because I use it for my work stuff as my comany only supports Suse or RHEL (but CentOs works fine :p )

If you are getting 'no route to host' messages, well that's a different kettle of fish... I'd switch of ipv6 first then start checking the routing..

Bok

Chuck
12-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Bok,
There is no 6.2.19 or 6.2.21 left anymore in the x86_64 side at boincdl.

I would much rather download the sources and compile my own. that way I get an AMD64 scheduled version anyway.... meaning the benchmarks come out correctly, etc.

I do have my client connection value == 0. It likes that.... Now, I found something, possibly related and please verify that if you specify 100.00 (make sure to put in the .00) for your cpu utilization and loading parameters (bottom two) of the processors tab that all is still ok for you; that you don't get a stderr report from the project attached to your results. It reports errors for me... and then 'ignores' the invalid XML value of 100.00 It also ignores the invalid date.... I presume the completion date deadline (in unix time format) because it's also a float (.00000) and not an integer (which time and cpu% should be..... as in eg.100%).

I will continue to look at results and see what I can find... and perhaps we can figure out if it is my machine/client or the project ??? It has not impacted my results validity OTHER than lowering the claimed credits and artificallly raising the CPU time used. ~10,000 seconds???? these things are done in approx 2 hrs except for the P4, which does have some issues and takes about 9,000 seconds :)

If this is 6.2.15 related, then I understand..... and will have to find a way to get something better... even if 32 bit mode only.

As for the NFS issue.... I know that is the 'NetworkManager' package..... I have a work around by putting in manual routing statements into the table for host->host NFS connections and all is fine. Yet if you look at 'netstat -r' everything is fine there.... Again, another FC-9 error that has NEVER existed before in FC-8. I never had this problem until FC-9 came out. Perhaps it's time to switch / try something else in spite of my long standing familiarity to Suse and Redhat Linux.
(More personal + professional with Redhat, but experience with Suse at the personal level as well in the early days)....

Is is perhaps time to drop BACK to a 32 bit install for running boinc? I know that's why my benchmarks are messed up.... it was a perfect piece of algebra to compute the correct value that BOINC reported.

It does make sense for 32 bit boinc..... if this project is 32 bit based (even if 64 bit wrapped)....

Things like OGR really do benefit from 64 bit mode. Personal projects (video, audio, math, etc) and true boinc 64 bit math are fantastic in 64 bit mode. aka... anything moving data or doing real 64 bit final or interim result math, benefits. (more work / clock... plain and simple).

Advice? A 32 bit and a 64 bit install of Fedora or Suse or ????? (just not Gentoo or Ubuntu please.... <grin>)

FWIW: BOINC is the ONLY application I have trouble with in 64 bit mode other than the OS NFS glitch in the routing table

C.

here is what I got....

<core_client_version>6.2.15</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<stderr_txt>
Unrecognized XML in parse_init_data_file: computation_deadline
Skipping: 1231497971.000000
Skipping: /computation_deadline
Unrecognized XML in GLOBAL_PREFS::parse_override: mod_time
Skipping: /mod_time
Unrecognized XML in GLOBAL_PREFS::parse_override: max_ncpus_pct
Skipping: 100.000000
Skipping: /max_ncpus_pct
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (6.667 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (13.333 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (20.000 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (26.667 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (33.333 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (40.000 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (46.667 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (53.333 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (60.000 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (66.667 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (73.333 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (80.000 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (86.667 %)
APP: NQueen checkpoint done (93.333 %)

</stderr_txt>
]]>

Chuck
12-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Sounds like your problems are more with the OS than Boinc anyway right ? ........ If you are getting 'no route to host' messages, well that's a different kettle of fish... I'd switch of ipv6 first then start checking the routing..

Bok

I found it...... combo of a) firewall/ iptables and b) SELINUX...... i know the game now..Fedora's "permissive" is not as permissive as it claims, neither is the firewall. Ports are open, 'no route to host magically disappeared, proper ports are open / specified and all is :bigtrain:

sorry for off-topic, but now I can control it all from one machine AND have the proper ports open..... DAMN, it's tighter than a ........... censored.............. :)

C.

Bok
12-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I switch off permissive mode most of the time anyway. I run an OpenBSD firewall on an old P2-333 that has been running for 10 years and has never been breached, so don't worry about the machines behind it too much.

Forget about benchmarks in boinc, they are mostly not used anyway. They can be easily artificially inflated so most projects, long ago, gave up using whatever the client claims for credits..

IOW you gain nothing by compiling your own..

Bok

Chuck
12-31-2008, 01:54 AM
Bok,
That's what I did.... I turned up the firewall a notch on my fileserver.... which has never been breached... (no have I for that matter)... disabled SELINUX (the main cause), and found, since last post that putting a *(rw) instead of the older format +(rw) or just (rw) made it a) stop complaining / warning and b) start working in IPV4 or V6. Please tell me if this sounds like things are in tune: I can use tar, cpio, or just plain cp -r from a local to a NFS dir and simultaneously watch a 2 hr movie (1.7GB .mp4) in vlc using the default caching of 300 ms both on the 100Mbit side of the lan FROM the NFS'd directory. The Gb side is obviously no problem with performance. So no special tuning was required of anything.

Sorry to have taken up post time.... and given nobody cares about the credits then why run the points race for position #1? Is it because any particular project will be statistically equally fair / unfair in credit granting and therefore even out in the end anyway? Granted some of these 'non-science' ones are fun..... a nice break from the heavy stuff.

Thanks for taking a look at things and letting me know all is ok.... I am at 6.2.15 with 0.05 reporting interval. It runs like a champ as my stats will show .... and that is on 14.4 Ghz of cpu power 4x2.4 (partitioned into 2 VMs) and 1x 2.2 'X2' and 1x2.4, running stock + 3% speeds after having re-heatsinked all the machines this PM.

If I do compile my own code, I will put in an affinity option (which I haven't net found in the client) so that slot 0 set affinity -> core 0, etc.... I will minimally write it up if it's not already on the boards for the next revision.... it would help overall client performance and stop the cpu/core thrashing. Also would like to set a 'minimum client priority' feature as well or just map it into some range like : (using Windows as a ref: 100% == normal, 80% ->50% = below normal, and 50%->idle == low.)

Also got a nice little graphics card.... nice and cheap. They are clearing the shelves of anything possible given the holiday shopping was bad here. I will be leaving to go back to work next week and look forward to the warm weather. It was about 70 today and decent from what i read. Look forward to it... (sure beats 16-20F with the occasional 40F day).

Thanks again.... exhausted here.... just rewired the lan too for dual DSLs. It's all partitioned now by IP address and the routers do the work. I'll fire up the new toy when i get home. I have some work to do yet....and then the 'burn in' testing. Once online, I will VPN to Pa from whereever I am and let it report as part of the network in Pa. It will also save me having to lug around all the HD's and big stuff. One line for normal/current open use, one for me. :)

Night all...
Thanks again Bok & IB for looking at that data.

Cheers,
Chuck

I switch off permissive mode most of the time anyway. I run an OpenBSD firewall on an old P2-333 that has been running for 10 years and has never been breached, so don't worry about the machines behind it too much.

Forget about benchmarks in boinc, they are mostly not used anyway. They can be easily artificially inflated so most projects, long ago, gave up using whatever the client claims for credits..

IOW you gain nothing by compiling your own..

Bok

outlnder
12-31-2008, 02:43 AM
Nice production, Lauren.

And great job on passing Team Norway. Ars can use all the help we can get with lowering their overall scores.

Simap has work flowing if you want to hit that project. Most of my machines are doing it 3 to 1 over Nqueens.

LAURENU2
12-31-2008, 03:09 AM
Nice production, Lauren.

And great job on passing Team Norway. Ars can use all the help we can get with lowering their overall scores.

Simap has work flowing if you want to hit that project. Most of my machines are doing it 3 to 1 over Nqueens.

Oh Oh now that we have our 4th member joining the fight the Ars may get added to our Hit list :train:
So you might have to bring your focuse back here to keep us from :stomp: you:rock:

gopher_yarrowzoo
12-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Gunnery Sargent Gopher is ready for the fight...
now :sniper: or :machgun: up to you..

Chuck
12-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Gunney,
A nice, taped, double stack of 5.56mm NATO rounds seems to do the trick. No need for anything heavier. Just make a few extra as you go to flip on the fly and :sniper: or just plain :machgun: as ya go! Weapons Free!

Welcome aboard!

gopher_yarrowzoo
12-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Thank Sir, Locked, Loaded and ready to show 'em who's boss...

Chuck
12-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Weapons Free! Fire at will!

Moogie
12-31-2008, 06:10 PM
Ok, I'm in. How do I tell what is happening with it? I see the info in my tray for Aqua..but not queens.

LAURENU2
12-31-2008, 06:12 PM
you might have to go through what is in you aqua buffer first

Moogie
12-31-2008, 06:16 PM
That's right...50/50 and all that. Doh.

LAURENU2
12-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Boy LQQK
At Chuck Go :beep:
He jumped over 720 :geezer: today :thumbs:

Moogie
12-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Ok, added one more This one is a sorry excuse for a computer but every little bit helps. :)

Chuck
12-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks, but you DID say I was needed to help :spank: and :moon: the competition, didn't you? I'm just :walking:along, like I always do.

BIF: :cheers: to a Happy New Year to all!!!

Chuck
12-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Welcome Gunnery Sargent Gopher, you have target lock and doin' just fine! Keep'r going!

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-01-2009, 12:42 PM
I'll just keep tracking targets and taking 'em out Sir...

LAURENU2
01-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Nice increase in POWER Guys/Gals . :thumbs:
About 2 more weeks = :bigtrain::bigtrain: THEN :roadkill:

Moogie
01-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Not much of a help ATM. Lots of work...no credits yet.

:cry:

pfb
01-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Ok, I'm in. How do I tell what is happening with it? I see the info in my tray for Aqua..but not queens.

If you have more than 1 PC try and grab a copy of BOINCView - not been updated in some time and the main website is dead but even so, it's still a good piece of monitoring software...I use the last beta (1.5 beta 8) with no probs here...

Chuck
01-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Not much of a help ATM. Lots of work...no credits yet.

:cry:

It's ok... I know the feeling... It took a few hundred 'pending credits' before I got a hit.... some user named 'laurenu2' was matching up with me on WUs and he wasn't turning them around as fast as I was. He must have had a slow A** machine or a huge queue. :D

LAURENU2
01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
It's ok... I know the feeling... It took a few hundred 'pending credits' before I got a hit.... some user named 'laurenu2' was matching up with me on WUs and he wasn't turning them around as fast as I was. He must have had a slow A** machine or a huge queue. :D

Hay now I resemble that remark :jester:
I am :whip: as fast as I can :rock:

Chuck
01-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Anyone have BoincView 1.5 Win/2k that you don't mind sharing a copy of with me?

I just found mine and it's 1.2..... and doesn't work properly with 6.2 Boinc.

Please send PM if you know a good URL or have a way to share a copy.

Tnx in advance,
Chuck

Chuck
01-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Hay now I resemble that remark :jester:
I am :whip: as fast as I can :rock:

I just looked and my Pending Queue is down to 1283. Keep :whip:'em and we'll have the :roadkill: up by Monday!!!!!

Bok
01-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Anyone have BoincView 1.5 Win/2k that you don't mind sharing a copy of with me?

I just found mine and it's 1.2..... and doesn't work properly with 6.2 Boinc.

Please send PM if you know a good URL or have a way to share a copy.

Tnx in advance,
Chuck

I don't think there is a 1.5, latest one I ever saw was 1.4.2

I'll search for the zip file as I'm sure I have it somewhere, otherwise I'll just zip up my directory.

IronBits
01-01-2009, 06:47 PM
I have 1.5 Beta 8. I zipped up my working directory.
http://www.ironbits.net/files/BoincView_5_Beta8.zip

I don't recall where or when I got it tho.

pfb
01-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Also got 1.5 beta 8 somewhere (it was available via the Blog section iirc and not the standard download page) - must've grabbed it just before the BOINCView site shut down...

Shame it never got developed further - quite a nice view for BOINC.

Bok - 1.4.2 was that last non-beta release, 1.5 beta 8 was the last beta release.

Chuck
01-01-2009, 07:55 PM
That did it!

BoincView 1.5 had the right protocol / messages to talk properly to the clients.

All is well..... GREATLY appreciated...

ALSO, please keep that 1.4 in backup... If I have troubles I will back off to 1.4 as I have heard that is also stable.

Thank you all VERY much!!!!

Chuck

PS: In return, I offer a nice little shell script for those Linux/Unix users with multi-core machines which need some 'priority / taskset' administration to boost the :roadkill: production. It is 'fire and forget' operation.. I would like to just put it in cron with the next rev and then it is truly 'fire and forget'.... Any team members wanting it, let me know.

I am working on the equivalent 'fire and forget' program for windows users.

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-02-2009, 05:10 AM
*scratches head*
Hmm now did I update Boinc to the latest client or not, erm probably not...

Chuck
01-02-2009, 05:08 PM
*scratches head*
Hmm now did I update Boinc to the latest client or not, erm probably not...

Gunney,
I can tell you what to do to get that Weapon unjammed and working with the latest BOINC ammo, but you're gonna have to do the work..... Sounds like you got it jammed AGAIN!!! :jester:

You need instruction or a doc???

C.

Chuck
01-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Gang,
How about we put a few more good hard days of 'push' (where resources allow) onto Nqueens and:roadkill: Seti.Usa or is there a more urgent matter ??

Chuck

LAURENU2
01-09-2009, 09:38 PM
:roadkill: Seti.Usa :roadkill:

:bigtrain::bigtrain:Im'a pushing Boss Im'a pushing Boss :thumbs:
I see you hit the 25K mark :thumbs: Chuck :cheers:

And the ARS :geezer: production has drooped so much :dunno:
:umm:It won't take muck more to put them on Our Hit List

outlnder
01-10-2009, 12:18 AM
:bigtrain::bigtrain:Im'a pushing Boss Im'a pushing Boss :thumbs:
I see you hit the 25K mark :thumbs: Chuck :cheers:

And the ARS :geezer: production has drooped so much :dunno:
:umm:It won't take muck more to put them on Our Hit List

I see you:Pokes:

LAURENU2
01-10-2009, 02:47 AM
I see you:Pokes:
Ya I see you To :weggy:

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-10-2009, 04:16 PM
No Sir, I don't got anything on the radar that needs attention, sure isn't gonna be pretty passing these guys..

pfb
01-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Bumped my resources to 20% for this - don't want to go the full hog but 20% should help :)

Chuck
01-10-2009, 04:47 PM
No Sir, I don't got anything on the radar that needs attention, sure isn't gonna be pretty passing these guys..

Ok,
Thanks for the recon. We know the drill.
I will hit 30K during the night. We will HALO our way in.

(( my math problems -- no project affiliations, take up
a lot of cpu, but am almost at a logical stopping
point where I can provision more toward this ))

Then it's Lock-Load-Aim & FIRE

:roadkill:

C.

PS: Would someone please build that extra shelf (or 2 or 3 or ... ) for the scrapped cpu parts which we will be picking up from the roadkill ??

Note: This bird can carry 90+ troops to 30K MSL..... We have plenty of extra seats on this FDC charter flight!!!

LAURENU2
01-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Ya I see you To :weggy:
ARS-outlnder
If you :Pokes:Don't get your ARS:lmao: in gear and produce more I will :train: :roadkill:

outlnder
01-11-2009, 03:30 PM
We're trying to regain our position in Wieferich. Team Norway got a little cocky and passed us to take 3rd and then another team took 4th away from us. We've decided that is unacceptable, so we are pushing back. We've already taken 4th back and will soon repass Norway.

I promised my teammates to give them one meeellion cobbles in Nqueens and I did. Time to move on.

But I sincerely appreciate the competition. Makes this DC stuff more fun.

LAURENU2
01-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I will start printing more :roadkill: Signs :lmao:

Chuck
01-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Hey Boss!!!
How's 180knots and decreasing to 'deployment speed' (maybe just about 170-175) by EOD for 12 degree incline of 1500 FPM ??? That includes 6 lost hours while finding a flaky SATA-2 cable in da back of da bus!.... :(

We are AT HALO altitude.... I see Laurenu2's gear is all prep'd .... everyone else ready?????

PS: Make sure you pick up your ':roadkill:' packs from Laurenu2 before you deploy!

EDIT: Remember: Party at my place each time we hit the LZ dead on.... PLUS... first one to the LZ gets the 'surprise' at the O-Club.

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Smoke me a kipper skipper, I'll be back for breakfast....
Gear - check...
leans out, prepares...
Heck I thought you said it was windy.
*ejects*

Chuck
01-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Hey! I did say I was down to about 180 kts. If ya'd like, I'll take'er back up to cruise at about 350.... but no matter you're almost out of sight and radio range.

Kippers will be waitin' for ya. My treat!! <YELLING>

Burrrrrrrr, it's cold... Hope he remembered fresh O-rings. :)

<mumbles...... damn ex-fighter jocks>

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-12-2009, 05:05 AM
I heard that - you forget I got the long range radio kit :lmao:..
I've locked on to the encoded transmiter so shouldn't land too far off my target.
then it's :sniper: time..

Chuck
01-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Good,
you have the GPS locked....
now, get that gun of yours aimed right on the range
and perhaps you can hit an Nqueen class target ?????

Otherwise kippers will not be very tasty by the time you
get there. You KNOW there is a limited time frame
when they are best!

C.

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Roger that sir, If I thought I could get my gun out here and hit them I would...

Chuck
01-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Roger that sir, If I thought I could get my gun out here and hit them I would...

Got it Gunney!
Target Coords are in your jump kit. Setup and :sniper: when in stable position.

C.

Moogie
01-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I haven't gotten any new work for several days. What's up with that?

:confused:

pfb
01-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Odd - not experience that myself...although doesn't seem a lot of WUs to send atm.

/edit - BoincView (based on resource allocation) shows just under 6 days work buffered...

Chuck
01-12-2009, 08:36 PM
I have no trouble getting work to do.

Respectfully suggest you check
a) local Tools-> settings/preferences in boinc mgr
as they override what is your default setting

b) On the server: please verify your venue and a few
WUs you did turn in... Also see what your daily
limit is. If anything is out of sorts, check the
WUs you have turned in and see if your client
is returning errors.. (main page -> tasks -> left two
columns) and verify your client was not turned off
due to bad WU returns (which there have been a few
of).

c) Last I can think of is boinc manager -> Activity.
I use the 'Run always' or 'Always run'... as well
as the network being always available.

then force an update and see if you can clear any uploaded WUs that have not been 'updated/ credited' to you. You may have hit the 500 quota without an 'update'... (don't see how that is possible , but with boinc, anything is possible).

Feel free to PM me if you need help.

C

/Edit: this is from the server as of 20:45 EST this date:
/ Board size 26 (22.3% done):
/ 1376722 WU left.
/end edit

LAURENU2
01-12-2009, 09:39 PM
I haven't gotten any new work for several days. What's up with that?

:confused:
Do a benchmark and set you work buffer to a Day or more
And make your you did not limit the network activity under the Activity Tab

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-13-2009, 04:16 AM
Down got blown a bit off course but, down and safe, I got a number in my sights, they won't know what hit them..

Moogie
01-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Never mind. I figured it out (doh). Somehow I had suspended the work. I don't know if it was me or a goblin, but once I put a stop to it, a bunch downloaded.

Thanks everyone!

:brainfart:

Chuck
01-13-2009, 05:14 PM
You have now graduated from BOINC-dergarten!!!!!!!

(It all happens to us too!!! :jester: )

LAURENU2
01-13-2009, 08:44 PM
8 Th Place :thumbs: in in 2 Days

:banana: 5 Th Place in 3 Weeks :banana:

Chuck
01-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Gang,
Just an FYI: I am going on travel. *IFF* the internet goes out on me while afk, the machines will keep :bigtrain:. There are enough WUs buffered up for the time I will be afk, but they will attempt each hour to upload anyway and are set for full 'automagic' mode.

I say this and prepared for this because I heard Chicago caught an Alberta Clipper which is headed for DC. This puts my machines (electrical & comm) within reach of the clipper as well. I would rather keep crunching and report a whole BUNCH of WUs than have them sit there idle.

As we say in the biz..... Nav set, comm set, flight director engaged! :cheers:

Hope to catch you before I go TDY, but am down to the 60 hr mark now. Things will be busy.

Hang in there... whether reporting actively or not, my machines will be crunching away.... there are 10+ days in each queue.

I will be here 'barely' for the 8th place :banana: celebration, but may miss the 7th and 6th.... Time will tell.

Hang in there!

Moogie & Laurenu2: Please help ensure Gunney Gopher has enough Kippers and keeps his .50 cal :sniper:

Early :hifi: to all!!!!!

C.

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-14-2009, 04:53 AM
Roger Skipper..
Have fun, hope the clipper don't annoy too much..

LAURENU2
01-15-2009, 06:17 PM
:banana:> 8 Th is Ours <:banana:

:cheers: 2 Weeks till 6Th :cheers:

outlnder
01-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Congrats, everyone!!

Chuck
01-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Congrats to all!!!! :banana::banana::banana: :cheers::cheers: :roadkill:

Glad I got to see it. I'm off TDY tomorrow about 1400 GMT and will required 2-3 days to get reconnected. Have to determine the WIFI setup, etc... but have 2 different adapters with me.. One WRT54G travel router and a good old 3000WRT-N. One or both *should* do the trick and at least get me connnected to home again.

I'll let you all know when I am planted and settling in for the first 2 weeks of of the TDY. After that should be a piece of cake....

The boxen are here crunching away, and pushed up at least a dozen WUs this PM. All looking well, but the time / WU is slowly increasing as I expected it would.

I do have 2200+ Pending credits and about 2050-> 2100 RAC... so hope that helps with the calcs. Machines are uploading WUs which complete within 40-60 minutes of completion.

I will have better/ real-time control once travel is complete and VPN to home re-established (if possible/permited). Otherwise automagic mode is enabled and operating.

Congrats to all... Job WELL done!!!!

Cheers,
talk to you soon,
C.

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Mines are done in about 4hrs but then again it's not using the full power of the processor, throttled it back just a tiny bit and the processor isn't as fast, putting it on another machine as well, just need to reboot that one, which I'll do tonight wasn't in the mood to go up into the attic :P - it's rather cold up there.

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-19-2009, 10:24 AM
2nd one online
Host Numbers:
Yesterday : 187
Day before: 73

Primary Machine : 7-Day Ave: 103

So some nice numbers given 2nd machine is 24/7 cruncher unlike primary which is used..

LAURENU2
01-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I see the Ars have come into Radar range soon they will be within the range of our Big Guns :hiya:
:umm: gopher you need to go and prep the Nuke for launch
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1219&stc=1&d=1232494790
But this time run after you launch it

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-21-2009, 02:52 AM
Hey I'm in the field sniping away but I'll put the call in...

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-26-2009, 06:18 AM
Ladies and Gents can some of y'all help me out here, I'm running out of bullets here I'm doing my best to take out the competition but I'm having to slow my kill rate slightly and that just ain't the done thing...
Boinc Synergy is next on the list almost 4 days away but I think know we can push harder and take them sooner..

Even if ya just drop me off some bullets and more food I'll be fine..

IronBits
01-26-2009, 06:30 AM
1 magic box on the way :)

LAURENU2
01-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Not to worry The Fleet is on it's way :thumbs:

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Good show IB,

Lauren2u I'll hold out and see what I can do, I'll await the fleet.

Moogie
01-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Hey, I'm pushing as hard as I can. :)

LAURENU2
01-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Good show IB,

Lauren2u I'll hold out and see what I can do, I'll await the fleet.]
We Again are the leader in the dailies
As soon as I can build up a head of steam :bigtrain::bigtrain::bigtrain:
We will be flying again :train::train::train:

Kman1293
01-26-2009, 06:16 PM
I've tossed a couple cores on the project. Should help a little bit

IronBits
01-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Got a small dump coming. For some reason, the completed ones were not uploading.

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
They do that sometimes It's like it waits for x time to pass maybe the 1 of the settings, probably buried or via the web page configuration for nQueens.

Kman anything is good :)
Lauren2u - :bigtrain:

Moogie - I know your pushing as hard as you can. {{ hugs }}

IronBits
01-27-2009, 01:05 AM
And a second magic box added. :)

Moogie
01-27-2009, 05:16 PM

The magic box man. :) Gotta love it.

Moogie
01-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Got a small dump coming. For some reason, the completed ones were not uploading.

That has happened to me and what I did was go into BOINC manager, then if I saw things that were ready to report (tasks) I went to the projects tab, clicked on Nqueens, and then clicked on update (I tend to do that anyway, whether or not I'm showing anything ready to report-don't know if that makes any difference).

At any rate you probably know that or what have you but I thought I would throw it in there on the off chance it might make me look like I know what I'm doing. :)

LAURENU2
01-27-2009, 09:22 PM

Good Man IB:thumbs:
I think We might need a little more power
I guess we came to close as we passed and woke
:train::train::train::train:
SETI.USA Up They out produced us today so-far by 146 points

Go Team Go Only 1 more week till 5th place

IronBits
01-27-2009, 09:52 PM
No worries, it is only 1/2 the power of my magic that I speaketh.
Need just a couple more days before my spell is complete :)

Moogie
01-28-2009, 05:56 PM

:tramp::taz:

LAURENU2
01-28-2009, 10:00 PM

I like your Spell It seems to be working :thumbs:

Opportunities
Rank ...Team .... ........Days to Overtake
7 BOINC Synergy ....................1.14
6 PC Perspective Killer Frogs ....2.77
5 SETI.Germany .....................7.25
4 L'Alliance Francophone ........ 10.87

I think we will need more signs:roadkill:
and more beer :cheers:

IronBits
01-28-2009, 11:01 PM
And a little more 'magic' :)
:rock:

LAURENU2
01-28-2009, 11:02 PM
And a little more 'magic' :)
:rock:
:Pokes:Don't forget the Beer too

IronBits
01-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Magic brew has been completed, now to watch it ferment. :D
It says Fozzie in 22 days, but I'll bet by tomorrow or next day he is toast. :smoking:

LAURENU2
01-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Run Fozzie:fozzie: Run

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-29-2009, 04:30 AM
Alas poor :fozzie: I knew him well... Splattered by IB.

Moogie
01-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Magic brew has been completed, now to watch it ferment. :D
It says Fozzie in 22 days, but I'll bet by tomorrow or next day he is toast. :smoking:

Good lord...I want some of what's in your bag. :)

Great job IB!!!!:cheers:

IronBits
01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
I want some frog legs! :woot:

Oh, and :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

LAURENU2
01-29-2009, 09:30 PM
:cheers:One more down Two more to Go :roadkill:

You want some frog legs! Well I want one of those little Green German's
We are going to need a Net to catch then as we go past at this speed
:train::train::train::train::train:

IronBits
01-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh yaaaaa... LGM are good to, with the right saucer of course :D

LAURENU2
01-29-2009, 10:21 PM
:umm: Ya I heard they taste like Lizard :rock:

IronBits
01-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Missed :fozzie: by 900 points ... :p

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Anyone for saurkrut or liverwurst etc, if you like your german food grab some on the way past 4 days and closing on Seti.Germany!

LAURENU2
01-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Missed :fozzie: by 900 points ... :p
Run Fozzie:fozzie: Run :roadkill:

IronBits
01-31-2009, 02:44 AM
Just tossed on 6 more cores to see if I can get me a Tostada. :hifi:

:drink:

Moogie
01-31-2009, 09:55 AM

As long as it doesn't have frog legs on it. :looney:

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-31-2009, 12:20 PM
Only za french would consider the legs of amphibian a delicacy

Moogie
01-31-2009, 02:14 PM
:frog::frog::frog::catfight::catfight::catfight::frog::frog::frog:

LAURENU2
01-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Man O man we flew past the Frogs :frog: so fast I did not even see it :roadkill:
:train: boy I just have keep a better Eye on th road
And what is this :catfight: 2 Female smiles fighting :lmao:

IronBits
01-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Last time I checked, Tostada was beaten in the daily so far, and, I'm in second place for now :)

IronBits
01-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Back to third again :(

LAURENU2
01-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Last time I checked, Tostada was beaten in the daily so far, and, I'm in second place for now :)
Sounds like that old 3 stooges Tail . I'm on 1st Your on 2nd Who's on 3rd :lmao:

IronBits
01-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Bok in a week :Pokes:

Moogie
01-31-2009, 08:23 PM
Sounds like that old 3 stooges Tail . I'm on 1st Your on 2nd Who's on 3rd :lmao:

Who's on first?

IronBits
01-31-2009, 10:12 PM
Lauren is always on 1st, and if not, just give him a day or two to catch up ;)

LAURENU2
02-01-2009, 02:14 PM

I'm on 1st Your on 2nd Tostada's on 3rd :catfight:

I think IB likes playing leap :frog:

IronBits
02-01-2009, 04:13 PM
One of my magic boxes HDD died the click of death about 6 hours ago! :hair::bang::swear:
fixing...

Edit: fixed :)

Bok, 3 days :Pokes:

LAURENU2
02-01-2009, 05:34 PM
One of my magic boxes HDD died the click of death about 6 hours ago! :hair::bang::swear:
fixing...
Ya it always seems like I have 3 Nodes down all the time
I get a little time fix then
And sure as s!++ other nodes start to die off

Is there some theoretical Limit to how many PC's a Plumber can have :bang:

MY Push here in Nqueens Will end next weekend :Pokes:
We will have 4th in less then 3 days and all the Food will be gone

I will go Hunting in other plentiful plains :rsniper:

Good work one and all we pushed long and hard :rock:

IronBits
02-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Well, I'm pushing 1/2 as hard as you :p
I will also move on to greener pastures to climb other ladders.
Not sure where we need a boost tho.

outlnder
02-01-2009, 06:17 PM
I may have to do more Nqueens just to take Lauren's 4th place overall position.:catfight:

LAURENU2
02-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I may have to do more Nqueens just to take Lauren's 4th place overall position.:catfight:
Now Now outlander You should not try to make me say and fight you here
Your team will end up losing there seat
And you will not get 4th back:lmao:

Do it the wise way and sneak up when I'm not looking and snatch it :roadkill:

Like I said there are other projects with bigger buffet's :cheers:

LAURENU2
02-02-2009, 08:55 AM
5th is Ours :roadkill:

gopher_yarrowzoo
02-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Go Team Go.... :rsniper:
so who's next?

LAURENU2
02-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Go Team Go.... :rsniper:
so who's next?

Well 4th on a norm comes after 5 th when you are racing to 1st :brainfart:

gopher_yarrowzoo
02-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Well 4th on a norm comes after 5 th when you are racing to 1st :brainfart:

I know that mr :jester: man, smart ass..
I meant what team is next on the hit list, I can't remember off hand.

LAURENU2
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
:jester: L'Alliance Francophone is due to Fall in about 1.5 days :jester:
:roadkill::roadkill:

gopher_yarrowzoo
02-02-2009, 05:04 PM
"Vive la france"
:rsniper: :frog::frog:

LAURENU2
02-02-2009, 07:14 PM
:jester: L'Alliance Francophone is due to Fall in about 1.5 days :jester:
:roadkill::roadkill:
OUPS 0.5 days :brainfart: NOT 1.5 ... I have diverted most all Power to a Forward thrust
So we can pass as fast as we can So the French won't have a Chance to give us Kisses and salutes as we pass :blush:

gopher_yarrowzoo
02-03-2009, 04:55 AM
Won't even have time to whip out le drapeau blanc..

LAURENU2
02-03-2009, 09:21 AM
4th is Ours

:roadkill: :roadkill:

We did it Good work All

outlnder
02-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Lauren, don't you think it's time you guys move on to a new project?

gopher_yarrowzoo
02-03-2009, 05:08 PM
NO!
:roadkill:
next, unless of course someone could point me at something else I can crunch I am crunching Rosetta as well :P imagine if I put 100% on NQ:D

LAURENU2
02-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Lauren, don't you think it's time you guys move on to a new project?
Thats not sweet:cry: I see running off your head is it :lmao:

Death
02-04-2009, 09:14 AM
well Ukraine make you in OGR26 and Reversi (or Sudoku). can't remember.....

catch up guys ))))))

Chuck
03-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Hi All!

Checking in.... have limited, slowly improving internet access. I'm up to a WHOPPING 54KB/sec.... LOL Guess that's pretty good for 54g with a home made wire!!!

Have a 1G 9800M GT GPU (CUDA ?) and a (please forgive, but i had no choice)..... C2D2 LapRock w/ 4G and Premium V-64 OS (at least it is a full 20" HD display and DOES play HDTV / BR disks & burns them as well.... I just got the external HD and will be starting the Fedora install ASAP (this weekend).

What can I do? Anything?

If you are curious as to my location..... :guntotin: .... should provide the appropriate hint.

Cheers
Chuck

LAURENU2
03-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi All!

What can I do? Anything?

If you are curious as to my location..... :guntotin: .... should provide the appropriate hint.

Cheers
Chuck

I guess your in Las Vagas :bar:

This months PUSH is in http://boinc.fzk.de/poem/ is you want to Play We start 3/14/09