PDA

View Full Version : BOINC Crashed!

IronBits
02-07-2009, 07:37 PM
I had to re-install BOINC after a reboot.

All the projects it was working on is missing when Boinc MGR starts up!

How do I recover from this so it can continue where it was, and has a list of all projects it was working on???????

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

IronBits
02-07-2009, 08:01 PM
I knew there was a reason I hate BOINC :mad:

I dumped the whole damn directory and started over.
Projects lost out, again.

IronBits
02-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I'll just go rub elbows with some teammates I haven't had the privilege of crunching with before, over on a project I've never run before, called Docking@home .
Longbow :thumbs:
Andy Brady :thumbs:

:|party|:

Bok
02-07-2009, 08:21 PM
I've never had that happen at all....

LAURENU2
02-07-2009, 11:16 PM
I've never had that happen at all....

I Bet you did not install it in C:\programs\boinc\ Did you :wife:

IronBits
02-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Never ever ever never ever do I install any dc applications in c:\programs files, or any place else 'they' think it should go...
I always always always install to
\dcprojects\projectname
Been doing that since 1999...
I can easily move them around that way from HDD to another HDD with nary a problem.

This time, I thought I would be a nice guy and run with their new Boinc Beta...
Should have used a different directory, but I didn't think it wipe out what the previous version was working on.

No big deal either way. Fresh installs, like a good cup of coffee first thing in the morning ;)

Shish
02-08-2009, 03:16 PM
I got bother with my last update. I lost the boinc service and it seems to split the program and data between one of your personal dirs and the usual c:\program files . And that was the recommended prog update. I just don't like boinc or any of it's junk but what can u do? Even WCG runs solely on BONK now.
And don't say go to the forum cos it's full of **!!!XXX people.
David thingy has responded to a couple of previous issues direct but now I don't bother.

Moogie
02-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Now you guys are scaring me. :eek: No problems here so far, but just as sure as God made little green ones (or is that LGM?), something will happen.

Repeat after me: It's a LEARNING experience!

gopher_yarrowzoo
02-09-2009, 05:02 AM
I'd have checked the "Data" directory maybe it just needed a clean out, I know when I updated it snafu'd it but closing the program, coping the data to the correct "data" folder - since I still had the old stuff, and a restart finds everything and starts to crunch once more..
maybe time to take the occational snap

vaughan
02-10-2009, 03:43 AM
IB I have seen BOINC mis-behave as you describe.

AMDave had the solution for my issue with BOINC and that was the BOINC Manager hadn't connected to the computer. In Advanced - Select Computer click on the Host name: drop-down box and highlight localhost. The password field will fill with dots then click OK and it will re-connect. Then all your attached projects will appear in BOINCManager's Project tab and the issue is solved.

At least until next time is decides to go AWOL. :jabber:

alpha
02-10-2009, 06:01 AM
I don't think this is necessarily misbehaviour as such. IB already admitted he was installing a beta version of BOINC over the top of a current non-beta installation.

If I was toying with the beta version I'd expect things not to work. It's a beta.