PDA

View Full Version : How to Join Free-DC Team #2020

IronBits
10-26-2002, 04:04 AM
Go to wherever you installed it and look for a program called
Isetup.exe This is where you configure everything!
Find the box labeled "Team Number" and put 2020 in it, then save your changes.
You also can decide what projects your willing to run with this client while your there... there are many to choose from.
I didn't see anything but a Windows client...

PY 222
10-28-2002, 08:54 PM
Got one P4 1.3GHz on it right now.

I think you guys will see me on the next update, I hope :crazy:

Supp
10-28-2002, 10:22 PM
I hope too. ;)

PY 222
10-28-2002, 10:59 PM
Supp, I see that you are WAY in front of everyone, for NOW.

So, you better not rest on your laurels coz I will come on you with everything I've got, which by the way, is only a P4 1.3GHz. :haddock:

Lets see if we can move Free-DC up a notch. Bam Bam...!!!!:jester:

Condor
10-29-2002, 08:28 AM
Yep, you are there now. Welcome to you and to Tax Bracket.

Supp
10-29-2002, 10:24 AM
Welcome everybody!

Glad to see you on board.
To PY 222: Catch me if you can :moon:

BTW: How do you like it Fad?

Tax Bracket
10-29-2002, 11:55 AM
Hi All,

:cheers:

Tkx for the welcome. Thought I would come and check this proj out.

Can't seem to get it to run on work PC's yet though so it's only running on home laptop when it is on. Hopefully this will change soon...

:|party|: laters :|party|:

PY 222
10-29-2002, 12:45 PM
This project really takes alot of processing power huh.

I got this protein, if you can call it that, that has been crunching for well over 9 hours already and its only at 80+%.

Darn it, at this rate, I guess I won't be able to catch you anymore Supp. :swear:

Supp
10-29-2002, 01:49 PM
Don't give up so soon :smoking:

BTW: It'll be even slower, because THINK (prj coord) said that molecules are sorted with increasing complexity -- last are "toughest" so watch out....:scared:

PY 222
10-29-2002, 05:11 PM
Just checked my Task Manager and the THINK Server Queue.

Still on the same protein that I downloaded yesterday and from the Task Manager, it says that the protein has taken 14 hours and 25 minutes and I am only at 96%

Damn.:bang:

IronBits
10-19-2003, 03:23 AM
Patience young Jedi :)

wirthi
10-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by PY 222
This project really takes alot of processing power huh.

I got this protein, if you can call it that, that has been crunching for well over 9 hours already and its only at 80+%.

Darn it, at this rate, I guess I won't be able to catch you anymore Supp. :swear:
This project notices how long it takes you to calculate the result. Right-Click the Tray Icon and select "Job Info". The stats-"points" you get for a completed job is calculated like this:

[CPU rating] * [Time (seconds)] / 3600

All recent stats (including the official ones of course) are based on this "points" though others (olders) are not (like statsman.info); it's not the molecules or hits that count but the points ...

CPU rating depends on the speed of your processor and of how much time the process gets; it's like a benchmark; I got about 130 on my P4-2200 and about 100 on the P4-1500.

So, it doesn't matter if you calculate two fast jobs or one slow job in the same time: you should get the same number of points ...

Have fun with this project!

Wirthi

IronBits
10-19-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm getting 210 with xp2600s :D
Still waiting for me to show up in the stats :(

tYpe-K
11-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Hi, I think you'll see me on stats soon, I'm running two Durons 1.3 and one Athlon XP 2400+ so I hope I'll help

Beyond
11-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by tYpe-K
Hi, I think you'll see me on stats soon, I'm running two Durons 1.3 and one Athlon XP 2400+ so I hope I'll help

http://24.174.34.241:8080/images/welcomeA.gif tYpe-K

:cheers: :cheers:

wirthi
11-02-2003, 11:42 AM
welcome aboard!

After you've sent in the first results you should show up in the stats within some hours (stats update are every 6 hours, at about 02h, 08h, 14h, 20h our time but that may change).

tYpe-K
11-02-2003, 12:55 PM
I've achieved more than 50000 points already, will they be added to the team?
edited: no need to get answer anymore, I'm mentioned in statistics with my points (I'm 9th :-))

tYpe-K
11-05-2003, 02:33 PM
lol, my Athlon 2400+ had ranking 420 for some time :rotfl: (now it's back to 210)

bareego
11-16-2003, 02:39 AM
Mind if I join with my slug of a Duron 1200 ?
I've got some CPU saved up from being in team Wanderlust.

WEll.. :thumbs: too late, joined already... wonder when it'll show in the stats...

got to go hop on those proteins more :bouncy:

bareego

tYpe-K
11-16-2003, 06:32 AM
wow, that's great, welcome
now we can finally beat team woderlust :cheers:

IronBits
11-16-2003, 06:37 AM
Welcome to Free-DC tYpe-K and bareego. :|party|: :elephant:

tYpe-K
11-16-2003, 07:20 AM
bareego: after update you're still in team wonderlust, that's strange, I was added to the team after update (without sending more results, just updated my preferences)

bareego
11-16-2003, 08:05 AM
hmmm :confused:

I did stop think and server

then ran ./isetup -team 2020

./isetup -list then showed me being in that team

then I started

./think &

We'll just wait & see me guesses. :smoking:

bareego

BTW, gotta LOVE czech beer

tYpe-K
11-16-2003, 10:26 AM
I'll get one beer :cheers: , and wait:smoking:
You'll surely show up soon and I hope we'll move one place up in rankings

Supp
11-16-2003, 11:39 AM
It's probably just matter of time. (have you forced server to connect??)

tYpe-K: Jak je v Kroměří¸i? :D U nás v Plzni zima a¸ to bolí...

FoBoT
11-16-2003, 01:52 PM
i still haven't showed up yet on the stats , i guess my boxen are tooo slooooooow

will one of them have to finish a whole unit (or whatever they are called) and send it back before my stats show up?

wirthi
11-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by FoBoT
i still haven't showed up yet on the stats , i guess my boxen are tooo slooooooow

will one of them have to finish a whole unit (or whatever they are called) and send it back before my stats show up? Yes, you don't have to register; everytime you upload a finished workunit the points are added to the account you set up in the configuration (locally). So, no uploaded workunit, no FoBoT in stats :(

bareego
11-16-2003, 09:21 PM
just to make sure I also did a ./server -send and ./server receive yesterday, maybe it does just take until a newly completed work unit gets send from me... it's at 53% now :o

sometimes I just feel like :trash:

if I still don't turn up on different team I might put a post on the fad forum

beerego...uhm...mean bareego

FoBoT
11-17-2003, 08:39 AM
two of my boxen had "finished" in the status, so i clicked the "send" button, now they say "uploaded" , so next stats update i may be on the board :)

tYpe-K
11-18-2003, 04:33 AM
Supp: Jak je v Kromplu nevím, v tuhle chvíli jsem v Praze a je tady pěkně hnusně

Supp
11-18-2003, 09:12 AM
:crazy:

tYpe-K
11-19-2003, 03:15 AM
bareego: something is wrong with your stats, you've posted new results and nothing has changed, you're still in team wonderlust, probably the server hasn't realized your team change

bareego
11-19-2003, 07:11 AM
tell me about it :confused: :swear:
I posted some messages om the fad board.
:Pokes:
Ive even done a fresh install of fad into another directory and put it my email/team etc, and it's still putting it into wanderlust after I send back first WU and stats update.

So I put a message on the fad board that I think summinks not workin there and installed with a new name bareego2, so I can at least crunch those molecules now until I can get my points turned over.

All I wanted was to change teams :bouncy:

bareego(2)

bareego
11-27-2003, 03:02 AM
It seems that once you want to change teams you'll have to do that on all clients that have ever been installed under that name :bonk:

Alternativly you can write an email to support@find-a-drug.co.uk to change teams... which I have done just then... so I hope the bareego cruncher comes over soon.

cheers
Bareego (2)

tYpe-K
04-09-2004, 02:11 PM
plase welcome two new members (it took me two months to force them to join FAD our team :-) ) - MILOS and KALTEN (i hope I'm not mistaken about the second nick ;-))

Evilmoose
04-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Welcome:cheers:

Supp
04-09-2004, 10:19 PM
I should be back in full strength in 2-3 weeks /hope/

Anyway, welcome to our new members... :cheers:

MerePeer
04-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Hi. A few questions:

1) which "Internet connection option" will give me the most frequent upload activity, "WHen online"?

2) if I didnt "disclose processor information", do you think it will properly calc points? I read earlier about it using the processor speed to calc points.

3) it looks like you need to be logged in (windows) for this client to do its thing, yes?

thx.

Petey
04-23-2004, 08:18 AM
MeerPeer: Welcome Aboard!!

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can:

1) I find 'When Online' is the best connection plan to use. Think will send/receive work as it needs to to keep busy. If it can't contact the server for more work it can even create work locally - which is pretty cool.

2) Historically, Think used the CPU info along with the connection plan to decide how much work you needed to cache locally. This has all been superceeded and the points system runs a benchmark on your PC every half hour or so and uses this to calculate how many points you have earned.

3) Try this link:

http://forum.find-a-drug.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1859

It may help.

Chocks away!

alpha
04-23-2004, 03:28 PM
I really like this project, but the reason I left it was the short expiry time on work. I think it is something like 28 days. In other words, if you send back results from a job which you received more than 28 days ago, you don't get credit for it.

This caught me out a couple of times (even on slower boxen, which were configured as such within FAD), and nobody likes not being credited.

Petey
04-25-2004, 03:46 AM
Hi Alpha,

A while ago a *very* ugly bug hit Think where jobs were wrongly identified as duplicates and you didn't get credit for them. :swear:

I reckon it was this bug which hit you rather than any expiry policy. If you want to see the full details of your work history then go to:

http://www.find-a-drug.co.uk/statsquery.html

And within the hour a 'bank statement' will hit your email.

alpha
04-25-2004, 07:54 AM
Hmm. I didn't know about that bug, and I can't seem to find a reference to work expiring, even on the official forums. I'll probably post something on there now just to confirm whether or not there even IS an expiry time on jobs. If there isn't, I'll be switching back to FAD. :)

Thanks for the link to the stats query, I'm sure that will be useful.

alpha
04-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Apparently:

The cut off is 28 days after jobs have stopped being sent out for a particular protein. So unless you get one of the last jobs on that protein then you'll have longer than 28 days

So I wasn't entirely wrong, I just forgot the small print :)

Well so long as proteins aren't switched each week, you should see some output from me again.

Petey
04-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Think (Keith) makes a post to the 'Software Changes' forum advising when queries are offically complete. You usually have a couple of weeks to return any outstanding work which should normally be be sufficient.

Check out:

http://forum.find-a-drug.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3091

for the latest post.

LAURENU2
12-30-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by alpha
Hmm. I didn't know about that bug, and I can't seem to find a reference to work expiring, even on the official forums. I'll probably post something on there now just to confirm whether or not there even IS an expiry time on jobs. If there isn't, I'll be switching back to FAD. :)

Thanks for the link to the stats query, I'm sure that will be useful.

I have seen jobs returned from closed query's for as long as 55 days
If you download a job I am sure you will get credit for it even if it took over a month to Finnish it