PDA

View Full Version : Oddity With the New Stats UIDs

Dyyryath
10-30-2002, 12:35 PM
Brian, the new UIDs are working out GREAT and I'm in the process of really taking advantage of them. :thumbs:

However...I've noticed one discrepancy so far:

The user with ID: 14417

Or rather, the two users with ID 14417!

The text team pages are showing this user ID for:

User 'None' on team #1747 with 105,000 structures

and

User 'Richie' on team #1715 with 510,334 structures.

This is the only instance of this that I've noticed so far, but it may not be the only one. Any idea why this might be happening?

reader50
10-31-2002, 12:36 AM
14417 is very close to the current user count of 14478 (as of this post time).

I would guess that:
1. A user joined AS the UID's were first being assigned
2. Two users joined at the same time and were not trapped
3. or that the $maxUID variable is not being handled quite perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Dyyryath
10-31-2002, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I'd consider those things and a couple of others. It's not really an issue since I know which one it is, just thought I'd let Howard know....

Brian the Fist
10-31-2002, 10:39 AM
The actual problem is that team 1747 ('Victo') no longer exists. But the file has not been erased automagically. If you are using teampages.tar.gz to get your stats like you should be, you will not have this problem, but due to the way the new system works, I cannot delete old individual team pages, I can just remove the links to them.
I was sure all the stats-keepers knew to do this by now, but just in case, - get www.distributedfolding.org/teampages.tar.gz which contains a tarball of all the latest teampages from within 10 minutes ago. This is the only reliable way to get accurate data.

reader50
10-31-2002, 11:40 AM
Brian, it should be noted that using the teampages file is useful for saving bandwidth only if one is attempting to track a very large number of teams. For stats people tracking either their own team, or a select few nearby teams, parsing specific pages on the server is *much* more efficient. The last time I checked, the tarball file was a 248 KB download. The typical team page is a tiny fraction of that.

Dyyryath
10-31-2002, 12:01 PM
Brian: I *am* using the tarball'd team pages. However, I've been letting them overwrite the old ones rather than deleting them after each run which has been leaving the team that's been deleted.

Thanks for the input. :thumbs: