PDA

View Full Version : Electron Microscope v2.1.0 (Update)

TheWeatherMan
10-30-2002, 12:57 PM
Note that if you have been using direct links to downloads on the EM-DC web site, they are probably broken now.

I added another 10 Megs of disk space and am storing downloads on another URL.

Also, I added back the EM update file for those that only need the critical files for the update. All new users download the regular file.

Lots of new features and fixes in this release:
Fixed number of frames glitch
Fixed Queue.dat work unit waiting problem.
Fixed Tracking issue with Linux boxes.
Fixed Queue.dat file display problem with Linux boxes.
Fixed Freezing problem with stats/version updates.
Added better logic to version update notify.
Added custom path for saving protein data files.
Added points display to 5 view window.
Added frame progress bar to 7 view window.
Removed buttons and added pop-up menu.
Added more features to the Skins ini file.
Update emprotx.dat file without EM restart.

Small problem with latest protein where frames showed 50 but was really 100 has been fixed. I had used a number to divide with and should have used a number to multiply with. Oh well.

Queue.dat file display will properly show all status possibilities properly.

There were some tracking issues with the Linux boxes when I converted to the new tracking method. This should be fixed, but since I don't have a Linux box, bug reports or a report that it is working properly are appreciated. I also fixed the queue.dat file display so that Linux info is displayed properly and without errors.

I rewrote the stats and version update routines so that if after 30 seconds something seems to have gone wrong, it should force an abort. Let me know how this is working out if you have had problems with freezing in the past.

I added some better logic when checking for updates. The program can now tell the difference between versions. Before it just looked for a difference and notified you if it was different. I have sometimes forgotten to update the version file on the web site and even though you had the latest version, EM would think yours was out of date. This shouldn't happen any more.

I have added a custom path so you can save your protein stats data to any folder you like. This is a prelude to having the ability to create your HTML stats in a folder of your choosing and having an auto update each time a protein finishes. Hopefully this will be in the next release.

I added the points display to the 5 view window and added the frame progress bar to the 7 view window. The new bars are half the size and will fit end to end which allows you to watch the frame progress.

Trying to cut down on objects and code, I removed the buttons for increasing the protein size and the picture saving. I replaced them with a pop-up menu which you can access by right-clicking the protein image. I still have to add language support for this new feature, but that should be fixed in the next update.

Because there are more and more people working on EM skins, I added some new positional information for some of the items on the skin. You can now change the position of all buttons, minimize, exit, help, options, view, and also the position of the team logo, the warning image, and the client sub-frame (The window used to display the client protein information. Adding this will allow you to put buttons and other things where you want them on a skin. There are limits, but I will leave that up to you to figure out. This will allow some interesting new skins to be created.

Since I update the emprotx.dat file whenever Stanford releases a new protein, I decided that EM should just check and see if the file was new and load it when this was true. Now when a new protein data file is released you won't have to restart EM. It will update within 30 seconds of a new file being put in the folder, and the next frame update will display new data on the EM window... all without starting and stopping EM.

Get it here: http://www.em-dc.com

http://www.em-dc.com/images/latestem.jpg