PDA

View Full Version : Feature request

MAD-ness
11-03-2002, 06:37 PM
Is there a way to tell the client to finish its current work but then NOT fetch more work? I am testing the client, but I don't want to check out work and then not return it.

I can't sit here and watch the client run to get to 100% and even if I did, I imagine it would do it all too fast for me to let it submit but stop it from getting new work.

BTW, nice client, I like it so far.

MAD-ness
11-03-2002, 07:01 PM
If I turn off "transmit intermediate blocks" would this then stop the client from transmitting when all of my work is done (and achieve what I want) or does this only stop it from transmitting intermediate blocks (as the name implies).

Alien88
11-03-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by MAD-ness
If I turn off "transmit intermediate blocks" would this then stop the client from transmitting when all of my work is done (and achieve what I want) or does this only stop it from transmitting intermediate blocks (as the name implies).

That will only cause it to not transmit the intermediate blocks and only transmit when the final test is done. Currently there is not a feature to finish the test and not get more work - it's not a big deal if you get a new one and stop working on it because it will expire.. but if you really want you can post the N here and louie can remove it.

MAD-ness
11-04-2002, 12:08 AM
Naw, I figured that when it "times out" it will be returned to the pool.

Just thought I would bring it up now, because with more users, the number of assigned but unreturned work units will increase and having the option for those who know what they are doing to avoid reserving work they won't complete might help out.