PDA

View Full Version : Lost buffered info.

TVMRescue
11-04-2002, 04:53 PM
I currently have 9 sets of info buffered, but my progress.txt doesn't note this. Is there a way to edit the text so that I can upload this info? Or any other solution info would help.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

bwkaz
11-04-2002, 05:23 PM
progress.txt doesn't control what gets uploaded, that's filelist.txt. ;)

Do you have .log.bz2 and .val.bz2 files, or just the .val.bz2 files? If you don't have any .log.bz2 files, then you don't have any actual data to upload. The .val.bz2 files are just extra residue more than anything else -- you can shut down the DF process and delete the .val.bz2 files. Unless, of course, there's a matching .log.bz2 file, then you don't want to delete the .val version.

If you do have pairs of files, and they aren't listed in filelist.txt, Ars' site, I believe, has a way to upload them.

jlandgr
11-05-2002, 01:24 PM
If you do have pairs of files, and they aren't listed in filelist.txt, Ars' site, I believe, has a way to upload them.
Correct, and the URL is here (http://tsf.dbestern.net/faq.php#q2)

TVMRescue
11-09-2002, 01:02 PM
I had 11 .val files of 19k a piece but no log.bz files. Is there a problem that caused this? If so, what are the possible solutions? Do not spend alot of time trying to solve my problem, I'm just curious as to the possible probs, and if so, a easy resolution. Thanks again guys for your prompt and helpful responses. It has been my experience that users new to groups take a beating. That has not been the case here, and as I become a useful member of this group, I will respond as you have to me. Thanks, Jeff.
:notworthy

TVMRescue
11-09-2002, 01:06 PM
Solved my own problem. Thanks.