PDA

View Full Version : Interpreting output on Linux client?

CrazySaint
11-06-2002, 12:22 AM
I'm running the linux client, and I keep getting output that looks like this:
[DATE] iteration: xx0000/2376552 (xx.xx%) etc

Am I correct in assuming that 10k iterations = 1 block and that the percenteage is the percentage of one full proth test?

Also, how soon can we expect a Linux client that supports teams? If 10k = one block, then the client is a LOT faster under Linux than Windows, but I also want to help my team. So if a team-based Linux client is coming out in a few days, then I'll keep crunching in Linux because its faster, otherwise I'll have to go back to WIndows.

Alien88
11-06-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by CrazySaint
I'm running the linux client, and I keep getting output that looks like this:
[DATE] iteration: xx0000/2376552 (xx.xx%) etc

Am I correct in assuming that 10k iterations = 1 block and that the percenteage is the percentage of one full proth test?

Also, how soon can we expect a Linux client that supports teams? If 10k = one block, then the client is a LOT faster under Linux than Windows, but I also want to help my team. So if a team-based Linux client is coming out in a few days, then I'll keep crunching in Linux because its faster, otherwise I'll have to go back to WIndows.

The precentage is the percentage of one full proth test, but each iteration is not one "block". Currently the linux client retrieves a whole test and then returns it when it is complete - that is one block for it.

We still have not benchmarked the differences between a windows machine and a linux one - I would assume the linux one is going to be a little bit faster but nothing noticeably faster. If you turn of transmitting intermediate blocks in windows and see how long it takes to complete one full proth test then do the same in linux on the same box we would have a rough comparision.

The linux/freebsd/etc client is being worked on but there's no timeline as to when 0.9.8 linux/bsd will be released.

CrazySaint
11-06-2002, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the reply, if you aren't sure when the 0.9.8 Linux client is going to be finished, then I think I'll have to go back to Windows. Is there at least a way to convert iterations to cEMs so I can calculate cEMs/sec?

smh
11-06-2002, 03:20 AM
Is there at least a way to convert iterations to cEMs so I can calculate cEMs/sec

Thats the problem, cEMs/sec is almost constant, the number of iterations differs with each test, and the time it takes to do 1 iteration depends on the size of the number.

On one number i'm testing (2,3M) one block is about 19000 iterations

jjjjL
11-06-2002, 07:44 AM
there is now a timetable for the linux/freebsd v0.9.8.

it compiles :) so it will be out after some testing and after I get done with some schoolwork this week. ;)

-L