PDA

View Full Version : XP Central

Wedge
01-19-2002, 01:07 PM
you guys may remember .. xppcentral went on tour throwing away free mobos and cpu? well I won one of their motherboard and cpu online :) I've got them sitting next to me. Only one thing.. IT WON"T RUN :( I've tried everything I can think of to make it work. Anyone who has come across the same problems with xppcentral's prizes pls tell me what u did to make it work

outlnder
01-19-2002, 05:08 PM
How about a little more info.

I won an XP 2000+ and a Gigabyte GA 7DX mobo, what did you get?

Installed the CPU, RAM and vid card and nothing. Reset the vid card and RAM and it fired up.

You definitely need to install the mobo's driver's if it's a Gigabyte.

Wedge
01-20-2002, 03:09 PM
an XP 2000+? u lucky bastard :D I won a 1800+ cpu.. and teh mb is a gigabyte.. but the thing is.. how do I reinstall the drivers for my motherboard IF it won't start up?

ColinT
01-20-2002, 03:32 PM
Wedge. I've never had a Gigabyte, but here are a few things you can do.

Clear the CMOS. find the jumper in the book

If there is a 133/266 jumper on the board, make it 266.

You say it won't run. What does that mean exactly?

Do the fans run?

Did you connect the "power on" connector to the mobo?

Are there any lights or sounds at all?

What is the rating on the Power Supply?

Does the board have RAID on it?

Does it have ram? Video Card? Heatsink/fan? (Simple basics I know, but I want to cover all the bases)

Please let me know.

Wedge
01-23-2002, 06:58 PM
doh sorry :( didn't think anyone would reply and try to help me.. I send off my 1800+ cpu and motherboard to my cousin.. he's a COMPLETE computer guru, so he'll try to fix it and bring it back.. but I can say this..

the power was getting through to the mobo, cpu fan was working.. no lights or beeping, nothing getting through to monitor..