PDA

View Full Version : How are you gentlemen

SAK
11-17-2002, 06:01 PM
;)

hello all. I noticed you guys a long time ago. A team devoted and based on nothing but DC was pretty intriguing. I was very tempted to join you guys.

However, I've wanted to start my own team for a while, so I persued that. You guys may know of Team SAK-Tech (now SAKnet.org) in D2OL. We made it to 7th overall a while ago. For a time we were doing 3rd daily. /me was very proud of that.

People have quit, and slowly but surely most have become inactive. Our problem was we really didn't have a site and forums going to support the team. Unfortunately I just didn't have the time to work on it after I initially put it up :(

I'm going to get serious about it now, and devote much of my life to it. I have a strong belief in DC. I think a computer that's not running a DC client is really just going to waste. In the future, especially in the medical field, DC will prove to be a great device for us. The more we advance the participation in DC now, the faster it will progress.

Anyhow, I would like a thriving and top DC team to be one of my life accomplishments and projects. I've put a damn lot of time in it already, and will continue to. I have free web hosting, free web design help, pretty much all the support I need on that side. I know literally a shitload of people from gaming, lan party, and other computer stuff. Once my site is up, I'm confident it won't take long to gain #1 daily in either d2ol or TSC (leaning towards focussing on TSC right now).

Anyhow, I know you guys probably wouldn't be interested in any talks of a merger, but I just thought I would propose the idea. Even if we can't pull something like that off, we could still be friendly DC teams and help one another out. My entire site and everything will be 100% dedicated to DC right now. Later on, I'll hopefully do more stuff with gaming and tech, but just DC for now.

If you want to consider combining forces in at least D2OL and/or TSC, we can toss some ideas around. Both of our teams are aiming toward the same goal and purpose. I don't know what else to say for now, but I'm really excited to get to meet you guys. I wish I had joined this forum a long time ago when I first became aware of ya. Peace :)

Chinasaur
11-17-2002, 07:53 PM
Hey Sak :) Glad you found a place you could relate to :)

Hang out on IRC anytime!

I crunch for other teams as well as FreeDC so I know this place is a good neutral meeting ground for a lot of people on various projects and teams...glad to see ya and glad you've found a place to hang yer hat.

Proj on!!!

:cheers:

Dyyryath
11-17-2002, 11:32 PM
Hey SAK, good to hear from you! What exactly did you have in mind? We're friendly with other teams in a lot of projects, and we've even talked about the 'join forces" thing in the past.

We're always open to discussion about such things, though it may or may not be something the "masses" are interested in.

If you'd like to bring your resources here and become a driving force behind Free-DC, you'd be more than welcome. I'm always looking for people with free time who want to post news, work on web site stuff, and generally help guide the ship. ;)

If you'd like, feel free to email me directly and we'll see what we see. :thumbs:

Michelle
11-17-2002, 11:36 PM
I was running TSC for awhile and I think it's a great project. We even started a team under the Team Ninja banner. The only reason I switched (for now) was the client stability and they were having a heck of a problem with stats and getting results back. They may have improved it now though. I'll crunch TSC again in the future, for sure.

SAK
11-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Thx for the replies guys :)

Dyy: well, not sure what I have in mind yet. It's such a difficult choice. I truly want to start my own team for my website. It'd be nice to have a team that supports the website, and a website and business that supports the team.

So tempting it is to join the Free-DC team tho ;)
Oy, what to do. I know that no matter what I do, I will be having my own website for other stuff (entertainment and later on possibly business). It's going to start out with DC if I got that direction. If not, it'll just be gaming/hardware/software/tech and tons of funny stuff like movies, jokes, quotes, and the LARGEST collection of funny pics :)

So anyhow, no matter what I'll be doing DC big time ;)
You all seem like a great bunch of guys, that's why I'm reluctant to start my own team.

Peace and DC!