PDA

View Full Version : Where is everybody?

PY 222
11-20-2002, 02:48 AM
Aiks.... It seems that I have taken the Numero Uno spot from magnav0x. Sorry.....

And to add insult to injury, we have slipped down to 7th. Now, how on earth did we get there?

Where is our firepower? Come on people, we can do much better than this. We can take on the entire Top 6 teams. All we need is another 30 XP2200+, give or take 5 more.

So what are you all waiting for. An order? So here it is.... GET GOING! Fire up that Ti-42 and get it crunching number. :swear:

rus6
11-20-2002, 05:10 AM
I'm still here with my WIntel combo. :D

:|ot|:

I've noticed that the client is now running much faster on the P4 machine... :D

However the client version 1.0.513 (and the last couple of versions) keeps crashing, it very rarely runs overnight these days on both W98 and win2k, on three different machines... Anybody else having trouble? :bang: :cry: :help:

Bellbox
11-20-2002, 10:09 PM
The problem is that many people feel that the project is a "waste" (considering how big the problem is and how they are attempting to solve it). That is the most likely reason many (including myself) are not running it at this time. If the new solution that has been talked about on the front page for NEO looks like it can solve the challenge in a reasonable amount of time, expect a few more converts to the project.

PY 222
11-20-2002, 10:33 PM
Hey rus6, I am getting the exact same problem. It just dies and the Window dialog box appears. Something about "Neo crashed... blah blah blah... do you want to send a report... blah blah.. blah." You know, the usual M$ crap. I really hope they fix it coz its becoming a pain to keep a tab on all my machines. I already have one back on Find-A-Drug just so that I don't have to babysit the computer.

Bellbox, I totally understand how you feel. But hopefully with the 'new' algorithm that they are putting into NEO, it might just get more interesting and this might drum up more support for this project.

But we will have to wait. So hang in there guys....
:cheers:

magnav0x
11-21-2002, 01:28 AM
Quick solution for the crash problems if you are running NT, Win2k, or WinXP is to d/l FireDaemon, then you can set up Neo as a service and it will automaticaly start it back up when it crashes. If you need a rollback copy of like say... .510 I can attempt to find it and e-mail it to you. Just let me know.

BTW, I'm digging the new optimizations, now all my boxes complete a unit in under 1 minute. Luckly I have XP on my home boxes so I just put FireDaemon on last night and it's been working out great for me.

All my other borgs are Win98 boxes and they are only on 12 hours / 5 days a week, so I don't worry about them crashing.

:moon: PY I reclaimed my #1 spot and dug our trenches into #6 for the team. Now let's hold the posistion this time! Remember, we only have 5 active members :jester: (to think we're still giving Techimo and Delta Force competition with our puny team size :thumbs: )

Want some more neo stats to drool over? Check these babies out!

http://neo.ledz.net/index.php?stats=uot