PDA

View Full Version : Forum mailer sends mail from non-existent domain

Mindcooler
08-24-2009, 06:55 AM
Forum mailer is sending mail from "apache@quad.ironbits.net", and as "quad.ironbits.net" does not exist, your mails do not get accepted. Hence, I cannot change my email.

Out: 450 4.1.8 <apache@quad.ironbits.net>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found

gopher_yarrowzoo
08-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Okay thanks for the heads up, I'm sure it's just a misconfig somewhere, we'll have a look into this and make it a more valid e-mail address.

IronBits
08-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Change your filter to accept the emails.
There is no reason to reply to the informational message.
It has sent out thousands and thousands of emails just like that, and you are the first one to say anything.

gopher_yarrowzoo
08-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah IB, he probably is but we may start getting this more and more since people use more and more filtering on e-mail to rid themselves of the spam which could be from anywhere "non-active" and "no reverse lookup" domains being one of them, I know that any e-mail I get at work goes through a massive spam filter and it's pretty much gotta have a reverse lookup and come from a known domain etc to get to me, i've not got e-mail because of this, the filters have eaten it, had to have a few manual rules put in place...

IronBits
08-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Understood, Bok will get er fixed up I'm sure...

LAURENU2
08-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Oh :jester: No Will we have to ban quad.ironbits.net as a spammer now :lmao: