PDA

View Full Version : smp client

GHOST
09-16-2009, 08:23 PM
my dc has been a little spotty last couple years.

i ran the ati gpu when it first came out. then i found my athlon x2 did just as well for points on smp.

now i'm back and recently got a phenom II 550, unlocked to 4 cores. quad for 100 bucks.

and it hauls on smp, especially with linux. i've been distro hopping last couple months. gentoo gives me 5 minutes a frame. where others 6-9 min a frame. windows much higher. now if i can just keep from breaking gentoo. :crazy: i've had to do over a dozen times last couple months.

if anyone installs gentoo use sysrescuecd. so much easier than minimal cd. nice tools on it also. testdisk saved my butt restoring a partition table on a 1tb hd.

Chuck
11-20-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm not surprised at the Gentoo kicking butt.

That is pretty much 'standard linux distro' when building simulators.

Glad you found the 'neat tools' that saved you from a lot of :bang: that typically accompanies a Gentoo install/special build.

One question for you and all... The win/64 Vista (6.23 distro) of FAH claims to support SMP. I've not yet tried it on my FC11, but am sure it will work there, however I have hit the :bang: on Vista/64. I'm clearly missing the mpiexec calls/libs and none of the documented options seem to have any operational success. Any suggestions for having F@H on BOTH OS's ? More specifically, what ARE the magic win/64 switches??????

Thanks,
C.