PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with the new (forum) hosting.

Marc_1
11-28-2002, 06:03 PM
If you have any issues with the forum, or the Free_DC web site, please post them here (http://free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=16413#post16413)

Note: Please contain these issues to the recent move only.

Marc

Mystwalker
11-30-2002, 10:44 AM
I'm not completely sure why - but when I click on the arrow next to the thread ( = oldest new post), I get:

Redirected to showthread.php?s=&postid=16401#post16401

<separator>

Generated by Opera ©

Seems to be Opera-related, but as this is the first time I've seen this (and only after the change), I think it's worth noticing.
Oh, and btw: Opera then takes the page out of the browser cache, although it's configured to always "check modified"...

FYI: I'm using Opera 6.05

shifted
11-30-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Mystwalker
I'm not completely sure why - but when I click on the arrow next to the thread ( = oldest new post), I get:

<separator>

Seems to be Opera-related, but as this is the first time I've seen this (and only after the change), I think it's worth noticing.
Oh, and btw: Opera then takes the page out of the browser cache, although it's configured to always "check modified"...

FYI: I'm using Opera 6.05

In Opera 6.04, i've been getting a ton of these too. If i refresh the page though (not the error page), they go away.

Dyyryath
12-01-2002, 01:00 AM
This is possibly due to vbulletin (the forum software) running on Apache 2.x. They've evidently had some strange things happen when using vbulletin with the new PHP module that comes with Apache 2.x.

I've spent most of the holidays running back and forth from one relative's house to another's, but that's all done with now. *whew* ;)

I'll tinker with it some in the morning and if I can't figure out what the problem is, I'm going to move the forum over to a different box (same location/IP address) with Apache 1.x on it. That should solve each of these problems.

Scoofy12
12-04-2002, 08:29 PM
I'm running the new Opera 7, and don't get any problems. it's niiiice :)

Paratima
12-08-2002, 09:59 PM
The new forum has made me 23.5 years younger... a veritable Fountain of Youth!! :eek:

Well, actually, it looks as though anyone who (a) had his/her complete birthdate listed and (b) was born before 12/31/69, got their birthdate changed to December 31, 1969.

Not exactly accurate, but I'll trade 56 for 33 any day! :p

Dyyryath
12-08-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Paratima
The new forum has made me 23.5 years younger... a veritable Fountain of Youth!! :eek:

Yes, it's just another of our helpful services here at Free-DC. This one, however, I'm afraid we're going to have to charge for, as I'm sure you can understand. You'll be receiving a bill soon... ;) :D

Paratima
12-08-2002, 10:58 PM
Ah, but wait! There's more...

I went to correct it in my profile and guess what? It's OK there! Just displays wrong when I go to look at a user's profile. :confused: Your birthday also shows up as 12/31/69, BTW.

Chinasaur
12-08-2002, 11:28 PM
Dyy,

I try to add my Avatar back using Opera 3.62/1 and Mozilla 1.1 and get this error -

The requested URL /forum/member.php3 was not found on this server.

Also clicking on More Info under Avatar - The requested URL /forum/misc.php3 was not found on this server.

Apologies if this is old news.

Dyyryath
12-09-2002, 12:10 AM
Ah, but wait! There's more...

I went to correct it in my profile and guess what? It's OK there! Just displays wrong when I go to look at a user's profile. :confused: Your birthday also shows up as 12/31/69, BTW.

Yeah, but mine's only off by about a month & a half. :D :D

Dyyryath
12-09-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Chinasaur
Dyy,

I try to add my Avatar back using Opera 3.62/1 and Mozilla 1.1 and get this error -

The requested URL /forum/member.php3 was not found on this server.

Also clicking on More Info under Avatar - The requested URL /forum/misc.php3 was not found on this server.

Apologies if this is old news.

I'm looking into it...

Dyyryath
12-09-2002, 12:12 AM
Chinasaur,

Try dumping your browser cache. Those .php3 pages are from the old site. All new pages are just plain old .php.

Chinasaur
12-09-2002, 06:01 PM
Dyy,

I manually deleted cache files and from within Mozilla itself. Cleared cache, history and location bar.

Still get the same error message.

At least the bike is showing up now so I'm happy.

Dyyryath
12-09-2002, 06:47 PM
Odd. I can't reproduce it. :confused:

I'll dig through the logs some tonight and try tracking it down like that...

Paratima
12-21-2002, 11:24 PM
Undoubtably more related to yesterday's outage than the new hosting, but...

Since the forum & stats servers came back online, they're 12 hours behind the times. I'm posting this at 1125 on the 22nd, and the servers think it's 2325 on the 21st. Tempus fugits, or something like that. ;)

Marc_1
12-21-2002, 11:48 PM
All the dates and times are correct from where I'm sitting.

Check your profile and see if your time zone got changed or something?

I'll keep an eye on it though.

Marc

Dyyryath
12-22-2002, 12:58 PM
Undoubtably more related to yesterday's outage than the new hosting, but...

Since the forum & stats servers came back online, they're 12 hours behind the times. I'm posting this at 1125 on the 22nd, and the servers think it's 2325 on the 21st. Tempus fugits, or something like that. ;)

Heh, I broke it fixing something else. ;)

I've taken care of it. Thanks, Paratima. :D

Paratima
01-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Well, actually, it looks as though anyone who (a) had his/her complete birthdate listed and (b) was born before 12/31/69, got their birthdate changed to December 31, 1969. *bump*