PDA

View Full Version : BeOS client and network sockets

Chinasaur
12-08-2002, 08:12 PM
My net connection died and I was checking the Net_Server and found what seems to be about 100 Socket(99) and Socket(100) threads. My other dual BeBox has two socket threads repeated over and over. The Tbird has only one socket thread repeated.

Any idea what's going on?

The good news is that I ironed out all my other crash issues which seemed to be heat or RAM issues. This one doesn't crash me, but I'm wondering why it doesn't kill old socket threads when it is finished accessing the net?

struan
12-11-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Chinasaur
Any idea what's going on?

The good news is that I ironed out all my other crash issues which seemed to be heat or RAM issues. This one doesn't crash me, but I'm wondering why it doesn't kill old socket threads when it is finished accessing the net?

I think that's a symptom of Net_Server. I seem to remember back in the day Scot Hacker posting something about that to BeUserTalk, maybe when he had switched betips.net to BONE or linux. I think it runs on linux now, at least.

maybe set up a script to manually kill and restart Net_Server periodically, to clean up all those zombie threads.