PDA

View Full Version : Gateway to sell time on their store PCs to United Devices

ColinT
12-10-2002, 01:00 PM
Anything to make a buck. Have a look:

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-976583.html?tag=fd_top

PY 222
12-10-2002, 02:10 PM
Hmmmm... I wonder if UD would want to buy processing power from my two tiny computers?

I would love for my computer to start making money for me instead of only taking electricity that I pay!

Dyyryath
12-10-2002, 02:25 PM
Heh, I think it's an interesting idea. If they have them running, and connected to a network, why not let them do something useful?

Even if the revenue stream they produce is small, it will probably be worthwhile since it doesn't sound like it's going to cost them anything to do it.

Yet another example that distributed computing is becoming more and more mainstream. ;:cool:

Tax Bracket
12-10-2002, 04:52 PM
...wonder if we can get them to join the Free-DC team....

:D :jester:

SAK
12-12-2002, 09:50 PM
it would be better if they donated it to a good like UD Cancer Research, rather than just try to earn more money offa them. Like Gateway really needs the extra dough.

They could help at least search for cures, or understand the human body than do stupid probably research/statistics shit for lame company x :P :bs:

silly gateway, get with it. Show the world you are generous and give a care about humanity!

Peter Mitchell
02-15-2003, 06:47 PM
I have just dumped UD and joined this site. Why?

Because I was led to believe that the project I was running was for a cancer cure when it was in fact a smallpox programe for the American military!!!

Regards,
Pete:bang:

PY 222
02-15-2003, 09:33 PM
We welcome you with open arms!

So, what kind of projects strike your interest?

Math? Encryption? Genetics/Proteins? ET?

Oh yeah, don't forget to get beer from IB's cyber fridge. Free beer for the Newbies!

Welcome again :cheers: