PDA

View Full Version : [SOLUTION FOR] Lost password

DuffMan|TSF|
12-10-2002, 06:22 PM
I got the email, but I deleted it on accident. Is there anyway to have it emailed to me? I looked on the site, but couldn't find anything. Seeing as this is a pretty common occurance, shouldn't there be a "Type in your email address here, we will e-mail you your password:" type of thing on the site?

PS: Ignore the "|TSF|" at the end of my name:p

jjjjL
12-11-2002, 08:43 AM
yeah, an email password feature makes sense. we'll hook that up later and let you know when it's ready.

-Louie

jjjjL
12-12-2002, 07:29 AM
there is now a "reset my password and email it to me" option on the login page. go ahead and use it. :)

-Louie

Mystwalker
12-12-2002, 03:04 PM
Interesting:
The moment ppl get handed out passwords, some of them lose them at once. Maybe one should try to do this sorta twice... :D

priwo
12-13-2002, 02:43 PM
The bug is fixed and now it really works. Thank you louie.

priwo

Cowering
12-14-2002, 12:48 PM
I seem to have a problem. I never got either my initial password when making a user account or the 'reset replacement' password. My stats also show no email addr and no team name, even though I've submitted completed blocks using my client with the team name filled in. I read that teams are created and their owner assigned by the oldest block submitted, and that should be me..

Hope I'm not doing something oddball!

kugano
12-14-2002, 01:01 PM
I'll check it out after I take care of some other stuff ... if you don't hear from me by this evening feel free to send me a reminder e-mail, danorris@uiuc.edu.

kugano
12-14-2002, 01:30 PM
Cowering:

First of all, your stats page doesn't show your email address because that isn't public information -- we don't give out our users' email addresses. If you want others to be able to see your email addresses, you can set it in your Public Profile, using the "Preferences" link on the web site once we get you logged in.

Now, about the team name: team affiliation is no longer set in the client. In fact, the server completely ignores the "Team" field the client sends. Instead, you'll need to use the same "Preferences" link on the web site to join a team.

Finally, to get you logged in: when did you try the "reset password" link? I know that at some point yesterday there was a bug that caused the script to crash. Might want to try it one more time to be sure. If that still doesn't work, send me an email (danorris@uiuc.edu) from the address listed on your account, and I'll reset your password manually and send it to you.

Cowering
12-16-2002, 07:42 PM
Just checking to see if my email got to you about creating a team and my inability to set an email addr in my prefs.

Thanks