PDA

View Full Version : First DC project in Japan

Kosmaj
12-22-2002, 10:25 PM
"NTT-Data", a daughter company of NTT, began a new, and AFAIK the first public DC project in Japan on Dec. 20. They run the project in cooperation with "United Devices" and the client is most likely similar to UD's one but I'm not sure since I never ran UD before. Here is a screen shot (I tried to attach my own screen shot but it's not appearing)

https://web-members.cellcomputing.jp/project/images/021203_01.gif

Another software called "OPAL"(Optical Property AnaLyzer of photonic crystals) will be released soon.

The response seems to be good, in 3 days they got 2700 users running 3700 machines. About 1100 members returned at least 1 result as of this writing. The client is now running a software called "BOLERO" (Bio Odyssey of Lateen Explorer for Repeated Objects), a genetics related stuff, and it takes about 9 hrs on Athlon-MP2000+ to complete one WU. Dual and multi-way boxen are not supported as only one client can run on a single machine.

The stats are 3-fold: Completed WU's, processing time, and a so-called "CPU points" based on the box spec's. I'm not sure how CPU points are computed as I'm getting about 220 per WU regardless of my storage settings which I changed from 1 to 10G.
Teams are supported.

BTW, the guy leading the pack has completed 34 WUs.

FoBoT
12-23-2002, 01:08 AM
interesting

too bad it uses the UD engine/stats