PDA

View Full Version : Help me get my GA-6VTXD to post.

MrTRS
01-06-2003, 03:34 PM
My new GA-6VTXD will not post.

I got the board on my work table.

I've got a new 500w ps. The CPU fans come on.

I've got 1 stick of 512 Kingston ram in the first slot. The ram works in another system.

I got an agp video card that works in another system.

I've got two PIII FC-PGA2 1.4 GHz-S processors with system bus 133 MHz and 512-kb L2 cache. Both new.

The board has switches and jumpers. I have a switch that calls for CPU speed to be set. The chart has a setting for CPU MHz to be set for 133 with a jumper setting for "auto detect".

I have a switch that sets the Freq Ratio.

I have no idea what this should be.

Right now it is set at the lowest ratio of "X3".
There is a note that says "The CPU speed must match with the frequency ratio. It will cause system hanging up if the frequency ratio is higher than that of the CPU.

As of now I switch on the ps and short the board power switch and the fans on the CPUs come on but nothing else happens.

No beeps and no video.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Ray

Darkness Productions
01-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Ray -

That last jumper is the multiplier. It needs to be set at 10.5. Many older (which is what this is) Dual P3 mobos were jumper set, not BIOS set. Set it to 10.5 and let us know if it boots.

MrTRS
01-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the help. I set the jumper to your suggestion but no help. I also changed the agp video card for a pci video from a working system but no help.

I have about decided it is the board. I have good power, some working ram, a working video card and new procs. What else can it be?

Ray